User Tag List

Thread: Mascherano renews until 2016

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mascherano renews until 2016

FC Barcelona have agreed a contract extension with Argentinian international Javier Mascherano.

The new deal ties the central defender to Barca until June 30, 2016, and includes a buy-out clause of 100million euros.

The 28-year-old will put pen to paper on the contract in the coming weeks, Barca confirmed in a statement on their website.

Mascherano joined Barca from Liverpool for a reported 22million euros in 2010 and has played 97 official games for the club, and helped them win six titles, including the Champions League, Primera Division and Copa del Rey.

"Mascherano has become a key player for us," said FC Barcelona teammate Lionel Messi.

"Since Guardiola played him in central defencse, I don't think he has had a bad game," added the Argentine forward.

(foxsports)

Hi, its me..
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news :beer2:

Defensively, hes probably been the most consistent player for a few years now. Heard he took a pay cut to join us, now it seems they have bumped up his wages, fully deserved

sent-up-the-bomb
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news indeed.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed mate. Plus he has a great attitude.
    Best signing we had in past few years!

Legion of Doooom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very glad to hear.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mascherano is a good player and he is loyal football would be better if more player where loyal like him

Cruijff's Heir
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good news, a rock at the back and from his arrival has been a great force in our squad.

Salid y disfrutad.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best news! he deserves the respect he gets. His dedication is unmatched.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was good news during the week. Made me smile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best signings in a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good news !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi:

Very good news! Masche would play as goalie, if asked by Tito to do so and he would apply himself to the task. However, I hope he is never asked because we would be in deep trouble if that ever happens.

We should sign two-year old Benjamin Aguero, Maradona's grandson and the Kun's son - he has the genes!!! I saw a home video of this little guy kicking a football and he already kicks hard He is a rightie.

Hektor

PS: here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyFR3wXpviE&feature=fvst
    Last edited by Hektor; 31st July 2012 at 02:10 AM.

¡Visca... Our Glorious Board... Visca!

Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the video you are talking about, I swear as if it seems Aguero Jr. pulled a hamstring.
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

Flavia
    Mascherano: "I'll be here for many years if I do things well"

Barça’s Argentine star is hugely grateful to the club for extending his contract until June 30, 2016
    Mascherano will be 32 when his contract ends and feels that seeing out his career as a Barça player is in his own hands. “It depends on me and how I perform as a footballer” he said.

Javier Mascherano has renewed his contract with FC Barcelona until June 30, 2012, and the buyout clause has been raised to 100 million euros. He signed the papers at midday today in the Club offices in the presence of his agent, as well as President Sandro Rosell, vice president for sport Josep Maria Bartomeu and director of football Andoni Zubizarreta.

Happy to stay

The Argentine midfielder, who has also done a fantastic job in defence since joining FC Barcelona, said afterwards that “I am very happy that a club as big as this has offered to extend my contract and I can feel relaxed that as long as I do things well, I can stay here for many more years”. Mascherano isn’t thinking of his retirement quite yet, but when his new contract ends he’ll be 32. Ending his playing days in a Barcelona shirt now, he says “depends on me and how I perform as a footballer”.

Optimism for next season

Mascherano says that regarding the season that is just starting, “we have high hopes. We’re working very hard.” As for the presence of a new manager in Tito Vilanova, he observes that “the methods haven’t changed at all. The leader is now Tito Vilanova and he will try to adapt his footballing tastes to the team, but the important thing is that in most ways, it will be much the same as ever”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raed View Post
    In the video you are talking about, I swear as if it seems Aguero Jr. pulled a hamstring.
    Hi Raed:

Benjamin is imitating his father with the "hamstring" Keep in mind that he is barely 2 years old, who can barely walk and talk.

Father = Sergio Aguero
    Grandfather = Diego Maradona
    Godfather = Lionel Messi

He has no pressure whatsoever

That is the problem when evaluating the sons of professional football players when they are in their teens. These guys get professional coaching (their fathers) after they are born. Therefore, they reach their peaks much earlier than other young players of their age. Many people say that if they play like that at 15, when they are 20 they are phenoms. We do not really know if they reached their top or ceiling at 15 because all the coaching.

Benjamin is a very cute kid, though.

Hektor

¡Visca... Our Glorious Board... Visca!