Tito: "We played a good match"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Goals from Dani Alves and Gerard Deulofeu at Imtech Arena against Hamburg gave FC Barcelona and Tito Vilanova the first victory of the preseason.

2012-07-24_HAMBURGO-BARCELONA_15.v1343158612.JPG

On Hamburg - Barca

"The match was a good exercise, after the summer break, for the players to remember the right ideas."

"In general terms we played a good match, we controlled ball possession, and we played most of the game on the opponent’s side of the pitch. We also pressured them high up the pitch”

It’s a shame (Muniesa injury), because he was playing very well, he was on form. Now we have to try and encourage him. He’s been through a similar situation and that will help him. It’s always difficult when a player is seriously injured.”

Coaching

“I’ve managed the team before from the bench, but this time was different, before Pep was in the stands. With Pep, when it came to football, we agreed 99.9% of the time. I never felt like an assistant coach, because I participated in everything. Now we have another team and we’ll try to make sure it works just as well.”

Gerard Deulofeu:

“Let’s hope Tito has confidence in the reserve players.”

“I’m overjoyed that I’m with the first team. I’m very content for being a part of the first victory of the season, and also for my goal.”

“I’m very young and I have to think about a lot of things. Tito tells me what he wants and I try to do it in the best possible way.”

“Before going out onto the pitch, the manager told me to go out and play like I always do.”

Javier Mascherano:

“Muniesa’s injury is a shame. These are things that can’t be changed and we have to try and have a positive attitude.”

“My contract renewal is almost done. Perhaps there will be more news this week, or the next. I’m very calm about the whole thing.”

“I hope Marc Bartra felt comfortable playing with me.”

D

donkay31

i was hoping that the Martinez should be completed by now so that he would have some training times with the team

Home of Barca Fans