Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanela

Pellegrini :hooray:

After that cruel summer, Malaga fans finally 've something to cheer about. And LL has its 4th CL representation. :D I would 've said they'd do better than Valencia, but having lost some of their assets i'm not sure, unless they can quickly bring in reinforcements before the market closes. They're having to use their reserve players to make up the numbers so far, using their youth strikers (Juanmi and Olinga) upfront. They desperately need to bring in an estd striker (may be a SA talent on the cheap), and strengthen their MF and defence. Hopefully, these last few days can be productive for Pelligrini, and he gets that much needed squad injection.

Good luck to them!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed, we don't look stronger. Mamic will get his money and that's about it. There's no ambition to make Dinamo a big club.

Rollovinho

There is not even a glimpse of possibility that Dinamo will be a big club. There is no income from sponsors, nor from selling kits or even tickets because only time stadium is sold out is when tickets are free.

However I disagree that we are worse than last year. We are better..not much, but better.

All put to the side, it is nice to have a participant in cl. Maybe they can grab 2-3 points and make some progress at least :D

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, the club earned something like 100 million euros from players sales. If Mamic and co. invested half of that into pulling best Balkan talents to Dinamo we would be playing a solid role in CL every season.

XaviMessiGirl

Given his emotional post-match interview, Guidolin is rumored to be resigning over this... he blamed himself and said he's not a good enough coach to lead a team to the CL, and that he needs some time to think. Then a journalist asked him if that means he is resigning and he just walked away.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Yes, but the focus should be on Europa league, it is where the Italians messed up most of their points (I think). They still have three participants there and if all three make it to the semi final (in my rosiest dreams, I know), then it'd be okay. Italy should start winning Europa league a lot more in the next 5 seasons to get that place back in the CL.

Now I am sounding like Liverpool fans, rationalizing a terrible situation. :S

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Well, he shouldn't beat himself up over it. What can he do about stupid players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans