Champions League 12/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hulot

A really unfair red against Zlatan. A wrongly disallowed goal also..Valencia can consider themselves lucky tonight.

impeh

Hi, its me..
kinda felt bad for celtic, thought juve would have gone there and completely dominated but it was the other way around. Still, Juve took their chances and won 3-0 without even playing that well, great result as a tricky ground.

Banana-Rama

I don't think PSG will miss Ibra in the second leg, he was so lazy today, he just wanted to stroll around the pitch and showboat, such an arrogant player.....

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Professional performance from Juventus, Celtic played really well though so despite losing 3-0 they lose with there heads held high. Strong contenders Juventus, can play multiple styles. Celtic did a very good job on Pirlo, although it was funny when he had an incident with one of the Celtic guys then 5 seconds later proceeded to leave him on his ass & play a beautiful ball. i lol'd.

How did Verratti do?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I missed most of the first half but Verratti did decently in the second but far from excelled. PSG won the game due to their attacking trio (Lucas, Lavezzi and Pastore) and their defense which was solid. Valencia barely created anything until they put on Valdez and things improved slightly.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Also Verratti had a "Ballack moment" after PSG had a goal disallowed (for offside or a foul, it was probably correct), running to the ref from 30 or so meters :lol:

PearLBLacK

Banned
What we should learn from Valencia vs PSG:

1) PSG is no more Ibra-dependent as they were at the start of their season. In fact, he was the second worst player on the pitch. PSG conceded possession to Valencia and played on the counter. Individually, they're all brilliant. What they lacked at the start of the season in terms of chemistry and link up play is clearly being worked on. Not at 100% but they're far more than a team of superstar names.

2) Verratti is the real deal. Best player on the pitch, a shame he'll miss the second leg for a stupid reason. He clearly needs to mature some more and cool down, but he was overall brilliant. The confidence with which he played and marshaled his teammates would make you think he's the captain or something. Talented player, and props to Ancelloti for having faith in him.

3) Lucas Moura > Neymar.

4) Second leg will be interesting. No Verratti so don't know who'll replace him. But no Ibra should be better, I'm sure Menez or Gameiro will do better than him, don't think it's possible to do any worse.

5) Barcelona should totally go for Guaita. No hesitations, just do it.

6) Alex Costa is still doing it. Him and Sakho were pretty much solid, all of Valencia's attacks were mostly coming from the flanks. Thiago Silva returning should only greater fortify the defense.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What we should learn from Valencia vs PSG:

1) PSG is no more Ibra-dependent as they were at the start of their season. In fact, he was the second worst player on the pitch. PSG conceded possession to Valencia and played on the counter. Individually, they're all brilliant. What they lacked at the start of the season in terms of chemistry and link up play is clearly being worked on. Not at 100% but they're far more than a team of superstar names.

2) Verratti is the real deal. Best player on the pitch, a shame he'll miss the second leg for a stupid reason. He clearly needs to mature some more and cool down, but he was overall brilliant. The confidence with which he played and marshaled his teammates would make you think he's the captain or something. Talented player, and props to Ancelloti for having faith in him.

3) Lucas Moura > Neymar.

4) Second leg will be interesting. No Verratti so don't know who'll replace him. But no Ibra should be better, I'm sure Menez or Gameiro will do better than him, don't think it's possible to do any worse.

5) Barcelona should totally go for Guaita. No hesitations, just do it.

+1 except for the Guaita bit :lol:

Pepe Silvia

unreal defensive stand by juve. some serious and costly blunders by celtic that buried them. all in all, some great quality football from the two matches today.

Kerrybai

As the commentator on my station said, 'ambrose should have stayed in Africa' ! He had a shocking game but to be fair he just got back from the AFCON on the day of the game... Playing him was always a huge risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans