Dejan Lovren

El Gato

Villarato!
And whats the right amount of money for Alba? Anything less than 100m wouldn't make sense, and even then we would need something like Gaya lined up, which would cost at least another 60m lol.

For fuck sake :lol: 60M for Alba and anybody would be laughing all the way to the bank.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd not sell Alba for 60m.

Not because I like Alba. I've never really liked the dude. He annoys me constantly. But he's a significant threat on the left side with some good chemistry with Messi.

Also because I do not back these idiots to sign a proper replacement.

El Gato

Villarato!
Dominantly because you wouldn't trust the board, yes.

But hypothetically it's an incredible sum of money if a viable replacement is out there. Even a straight swap for Gaya would be a good deal. Should jump at any chance to root out the garbage and restart with a younger lad who's not a cuntish influence on the rest.

Last edited:

clemente

But hypothetically it's an incredible sum of money if a viable replacement is out there. Even a straight swap for Gaya would be a good deal. Should jump at any chance to root out the garbage and restart with a younger lad who's not a cuntish influence on the rest.

What the absolute fuck is this disrespect towards Alba, consistently world-class for I don't even know how many seasons, I don't even know any other LB that would fit us better right now, what a pathetic comment.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Alba can be a massive cunt on the field(pretty much like your own Casemiro except he doesn't get away with murder ;)) and he can lack perspective off it, but by all accounts he's a positive guy when it comes to new signings and goes out of his way to make them fee home at the club. He's done it with almost every new signing. So I would not say he's a cuntish influence or even a negative influence on the rest. He's simply not in a position to have any influence on someone else, nor have the brains for it.

Gaya and Alba are different players and with the clusterfuck of a team we're right now, and the way we play it would be a significant downgrade.

El Gato

Villarato!
Alba can be a massive cunt on the field(pretty much like your own Casemiro except he doesn't get away with murder ;)) and he can lack perspective off it, but by all accounts he's a positive guy when it comes to new signings and goes out of his way to make them fee home at the club. He's done it with almost every new signing. So I would not say he's a cuntish influence or even a negative influence on the rest. He's simply not in a position to have any influence on someone else, nor have the brains for it.

Gaya and Alba are different players and with the clusterfuck of a team we're right now, and the way we play it would be a significant downgrade.

Point with cuntish influence here boils down to how much of an example he is to follow as the 3rd or 4th senior team member. Guys like Casemiro aren’t that and the young folk don’t go to them for advice. They do go to him though because he’s one of the 3 or 4 soldiers remaining since Xaviesta days. And when the same guy that is nice to you one day is seen to have temper tantrums in a fairly common fashion, anything positive he contributes melts away and the mask drops.

Whatever he may be on the pitch at any given time for those long switch balls from Leo, he doesn’t do that majority of the time. Wouldn’t be much you eliminate from your arsenal and you’ll have to do it at some point regardless.

clemente

Tell me again how garbage Alba is you scrawny rat.

clemente

One run of form and a match against this Madrid, and some spastic comes back. Of course :lol:

One run is enough to decide a final. And he was making those runs all game long. And what is this "comes back" when Alba is literally like this consistently every match? Why are you so full of this pathetic blind hatred?

El Gato

Villarato!
One run is enough to decide a final. And he was making those runs all game long. And what is this "comes back" when Alba is literally like this consistently every match? Why are you so full of this pathetic blind hatred?

Hatred? What hatred? I automatically complimented him in the chat on that great run for the first goal. Seems like I'm not the one that is blind.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
If Alba is not worth 60m, which LB is then in the market? He is easily worth at least 80m in the current market. 60m is peanuts for one of the best LBs in the world.

El Gato

Villarato!
If Alba is not worth 60m, which LB is then in the market? He is easily worth at least 80m in the current market. 60m is peanuts for one of the best LBs in the world.

I mean look, Alba is good and can be world's top LB on his day/week/month. Part of this run right now seems to be that Lucho lit a fire under his ass post-WC by leaving him out so he's proving people wrong and all that.
Think about it this way - will Alba ever produce at the same level as he does in Barcelona in another club for the next 3-4 years? I doubt it. Maybe 1-2 years tops and even that is completely circumstantial given it would absolutely have to be a CL-contender squad. And if you want to pay 60 or even 100M for a 29-year old like him that only has one contract left in him then be my guest. I'm pretty sure most presidents would at least consider cashing it in. A guy like Perez hesitates to buy anyone over 25 these days precisely, because it's only two big contracts and maximum of 8-10 years of same or relatively similar prime-time quality.

As for your question - I don't know. Mendy went for a similar amount, which I guess can be excused by his age. Spending this kind of money even on current Marcelo, arguably the best LWB in history, is debatable. Alaba for instance is a walking injury, despite his versatility. Alex Sandro? Good player. The likes of Marcos Alonso are nowhere near TBH and there is more of those types than anybody else these days.

Personally if I was an investor I wouldn't touch a guy like Alba with a ten foot pole, unless I'm desperate for a good-to-great LB for "right now". These kinds of people never leave big teams and playing with big stars like Messi and keep playing at that level.

Home of Barca Fans