Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cuenca: "Tito is counting on me"

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CF4 1899 View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks he just isn't good enough (at least at the moment) for our squad?
    No, you're not. I find him very enjoyable to watch, he's got some amazing skill. But still not ready for the first team. At least not in big games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one that thinks he just isn't good enough (at least at the moment) for our squad?
    Nope. He is still too slow and too predictable. He is good at keeping the ball on the side but that's surely not enough quality for the moment to play in the first team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully my thoughts are wrong and he'll prove it next season. But really, did you guys find him really that impressive last season during the games he played?
    Barcelona is a team that needs alot more than Cuenca there in front! Not that Tello would be sublime but in my oppinion he is more suited to be in the first team than Cuenca.

sent-up-the-bomb
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tello View Post
    Nope. He is still too slow and too predictable. He is good at keeping the ball on the side but that's surely not enough quality for the moment to play in the first team.
    So a slow player cannot play for the first team but a player like tello has the talent to play in the first 11 coz of his speed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi+Eto View Post
    I am with you 100% on this one. . . . He has shaky legs, he's very jittery in front of goal, and is only a tad faster than a 69 year old man.
    You're bein' to harsh with him but the idea is true, if I would be Barca's manager I would surely sell Cuenca and sign or promote a different player!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puyol the wall View Post
    So a slow player cannot play for the first team but a player like tello has the talent to play in the first 11 coz of his speed
    Not only his speed. Tello is alot more vertical to the goal, his speed consumes the adversary's stamina and his direct runs make gaps in the opponent's defences. Cuenca is more like an artist, Tello is more like an efficient workhorse !
    Last edited by tello; 21st July 2012 at 08:15 AM.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has some dribbling skills but I don't think he should be a good choice for first 11.