John Barnes

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
John Barnes, born on 7 November 1963. He played 233 games for Watford scoring 65 goals. He then moved to Liverpool in 1987 playing 314 games scoring 84 goals. He made 79 England appearances scoring 11 goals.

John Barnes is my favourite player ever. Dead or alive Barnes is my favourite ever player mainly because he was in his prime when I was a child making my first impressions of football.

He had so much talent it is unbelievable. Best winger Liverpool have ever had. Not only did he have great technique but he was a beast of a man. He was physically strong and always worked extremely hard for the team.

When he signed for Liverpool in 1987 it was no coincidence that we played the greatest football ever seen in england during that season with our tiki-taka football. Arsenal and their deluded idiot supporters may think they invented brilliant passing and moving football to the english shores, but we played it 20 years before them - and won trophies doing so!

John Barnes in the mid to late 80's also had to overcome racism in english football too and he had the mental strength and character to overcome this.

A few you tube clips just for the youngsters here to understand the brilliance of Barnes.

[YOUTUBE]UOE3P2ryfg4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RmAo0uiarvA[/YOUTUBE]

And who can forget this....

[YOUTUBE]9SCyXGiJ-jc[/YOUTUBE]

Hatem Ben Arfa

was a great player. his goal against Brazil was fantastic.

However I just can't get over how fat his head is nowadays. I don't know how it's possible.

Vecellio

Sublime player. Gazza and Waddle were my favourites as a kid but looking back this guy beats them for sheer consistent brilliance. I love that second vid, the goal at 5:00 is magic!

Home of Barca Fans