Martinez: "I don't see myself playing for Barca"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Javi Martinez has no intention of departing the club this summer, despite reported interest from several of Europe's giant clubs.

Martinez, 23, was part of the Athletic side that progressed to the final of the Europa League last season, before joining up with the Spanish squad for Euro 2012.

seleccion-Londres_2012-Jordi_Alba-Javi_Martinez-Juan_Mata_TINIMA20120703_0248_5.jpg

Able to play in midfield or defence, Martinez was the focus of many reports in recent weeks linking him with a move to Barcelona and Bayern Munich in particular. However, he insists that he will not be leaving this summer.

"I don't see myself playing for Barcelona. I'm very happy at Athletic,''
he told Spanish television channel Antena 3.
"I have a contract until 2016. I have seen the newspapers and what it says on TV, but it is not always right."
"If you were to believe what is said I have already joined seven different teams, a different one each week. You have to ignore the rumours because they can affect you.''
Martinez reportedly has a €40 million buyout clause in his contract which would make Athletic helpless to resist his exit from the club. However, Martinez himself appears unwilling to consider an exit from the San Mames.

(espn)

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Source, translation, please? If confirmed, I'm deleting the thread.
Thanx

Bojan , I think you are right & the quote is correct .Actually in his twitter-feed,Martinez denied the rumors which were created by Marca few weeks back that he is willing to leave Athletic etc etc.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Thought he would be a perfect fit @ Barca IF he wanted to come but it looks like Bilbao is unwilling to negotiate and he would have had to help facilitate the move by requesting a transfer.

Stop pursuing him and let him fight with Bilbao for Europa League spots.

M

mitkoa7x

Classic Marca, twisting his words to suit to make a headline...

Home of Barca Fans