Please help a new fan

stringfellow

I will be in Barcelona on September 23. It looks like Barcelona is playing Granada on that date. I would love to see a Barcelona game in person. I know very little about European football.

1) Will this game be played by the "star" Barcelona players? It seems like there are multiple different "Barcelona" teams.
2) When will tickets go on sale and what are my chances of getting 2? The Barcelona website doesn't seem to mention when the tickets go on sale.

Thanks in advance!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, welcome!

Barca will surely play with their strongest team. I think you are worried because of pre-season friendlies, as there are a lot of testing there and star players are often still on vacations etc. Maybe the coach will rotate couple of players but you can be sure he'll field most, if not all, of his big guns.

As for the ticketing question, I am not that familiar, maybe wait for someone else to respond or post the question in the Travel section.

P

PhilS

Barca always plays a very strong lineup in Liga games, with the exception of some of the very last games of the season after all places have been decided. That does not mean that every star will start every game, the team does have to rotate because there are so many games. Except Messi always starts.

JonM

I will be in Barcelona on September 23. It looks like Barcelona is playing Granada on that date. I would love to see a Barcelona game in person. I know very little about European football.

1) Will this game be played by the "star" Barcelona players? It seems like there are multiple different "Barcelona" teams.
2) When will tickets go on sale and what are my chances of getting 2? The Barcelona website doesn't seem to mention when the tickets go on sale.

Thanks in advance!

The date and hour of the game will be confirmed about 2-3 weeks before (it could also be played on september 22nd) . The tickets will then go on sale.
Granada is not a big team so there will be plenty of tickets available. The closer to the game you wait, the more tickets will become available. The best time to buy is about 48 hours before the game. You get the most choice then.

XaviMessiGirl

Except of injuries, most of the first team should play that game, especially since it's close to the beginning of the season. Looks like others provided some explanations too but if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Welcome to the forum :)

Home of Barca Fans