Jordi Roura

JamDav1982

The problem is bartomeu, I've said so here. Roura should had declined, but he won't. I know I wouldn't take a job if I'm not qualified for it. But right now many things are happening backstage, as barto is really worried about the elections. He's even going to visit the pope.
There are many problems in Barça B and Juvenis. Eusebio, Vinyals, and also renewals and handling of players. I'm not the only one skeptical.

I think you are massively over stating how important a role this is within the club. More likely less of a responsibility than his previous roles of analyst and assistant.

Who is qualified for this role? What type of background would you want from that person?

F

Flavia

I think you are massively over stating how important a role this is within the club. More likely less of a responsibility than his previous roles of analyst and assistant.

Who is qualified for this role? What type of background would you want from that person?

So the ceo of la masia is not an important role? Being in charge of renewing the players, dealing with the coaches and all the problems that are ongoing is nothing? I think you are massively understating how important this role is within the club. He's "only" in charge of all Barcelona's youth programs. Luckily is temporary.

JamDav1982

So the ceo of la masia is not an important role? Being in charge of renewing the players, dealing with the coaches and all the problems that are ongoing is nothing? I think you are massively understating how important this role is within the club. He's "only" in charge of all Barcelona's youth programs. Luckily is temporary.

He is not in charge of reviewing the whole youth set up or changing things drastically he will be over seeing it and making sure things run as smoothly as possible. Which he is more than qualified to do over the next six months.

Who would you like to have got the role? What is the history of super qualified guys being given this job?

There is nothing to suggest Roura cant do it.

Edit: Who did this role before Roura? Under Laporta, Rosell etc?

F

Flavia

He is not in charge of reviewing the whole youth set up or changing things drastically he will be over seeing it and making sure things run as smoothly as possible. Which he is more than qualified to do over the next six months.

Because things are so smooth right now in la masia... No ongoing problems like possible relegation, problems with banned players, nothing happening at all :pep:

I don't think he is qualified. Hope you're right, and I'm wrong.

JamDav1982

Because things are so smooth right now in la masia... No ongoing problems like possible relegation, problems with banned players, nothing happening at all :pep:

I don't think he is qualified. Hope you're right, and I'm wrong.

Well those problems are the reason they have sought to put in someone like Roura to the role.

From the description the club gave it seems much more of an adminstrative role to make sure future contracts in players meet FIFA guidelines. Much more so than giving Roura free hand to restructure the whole youth system.

Things in La Masia have been good in recent years. Last season for example may have been the most impressive year ever on a team by team basis. As they won at almost every level and a very young b team finished third.

The banning of players is an issue that is up to 6 years old and not to do with current structure of La Masia.

As for B team, there is a lot of good players there. Maybe it is TOO young a team and maybe Eusebio has run his course but that B team has performed well in the last 3/4 years.

As I said may be wrong but I think Roura is being given an administrative job to comply with FIFA and look after youth contracts more than anything else.

Home of Barca Fans