Eusebio

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Before I start I know he had health problems at the euros so speedy recover to him.

Eusebio born on 25 January 1942 played 313 games for Benfica scoring 319 times. He made his first appearance for Portugal in 1961 playing 64 times for Portugal and scoring 41 goals.

He was instrumental in Benfica taking the mantlepiece from Real Madrid as the best team in europe which including beating Real Madrid in the 1962 final against his hero Di Stefano.

Eusebio often gets overlooked when debating the best forwards of all time, but for me he is in the top 5.

Bill Shankly was once asked who he preferred Eusebio or Pele he responded thusly "Eusebio can do everything that Pele can do, but he can do it faster so my answer would be Eusebio"

Who am I to argue against it.

abual3bed1

this man is a perfect example how the media can overlook a megastar for Pele's sake. I have a relative who's over 75 years and a big fan of Real Madrid, I once asked him who was the player he wanted to see in his team and he answered without any hesitation with " Eusebio ".

Home of Barca Fans