Greetings from rural Eastern Ontario

Hello friends of Barca

I've been looking for an active english-language Barca fans' forum for awhile. Found this link today on allasFCB's site and because I appreciate his videos I figure his suggestion of this forum is likely a good one.

I've been a Barca fan since the 2008 season. My interest in the team came from a trip to Barcalona during the Spring of that year. I hadn't really paid much attention to soccer, or sports in general, for 30 years previously. As a youth I played sports a lot; in fact as a kid (ages 6-9) I played soccer in leagues, but a family move to the USA put an end to that because at the time (1960s) there was no soccer in the US. As an adult I've had little interest in any sports, especially professional leagues. The dominant sports on TV in my neck of the woods are hockey, football and baseball, and I could care less, actually. The only major sport I've have some interest in is basketball, and the rare times there are broadcasts I enjoy track and field and downhill skiing.

Oddly, luckily, I've jumped right in to being a Barca fan. I follow several sites, and I watch all of Barca's games. Before I became interested in Barca, I had no idea that there are a couple "special" tv stations devoted to soccer. Upon finding out about them I signed up for both, and was totally blown away when I realized that GOLTV actually covers all of Barca's La Liga games. I expected I'd have to drive to a sports bar some 50 km away just to catch the occasional match, so I could hardly believe my luck to learn that all of Barca's games were being broadcast every weekend into my home tv. How fantastic is that, eh :party1:

I used to be a social worker before moving to the countryside. Now my wife and I are pretty much retired (we're both in our mid-50s), and we enjoy working around home, tending our gardens, and caring for the 50 or so semi-feral cats who are fed through our cat shelter. Our home is located in the middle of vacation land for people in the cities; an environment is full of lakes and park lands, and lots of animals, that we get to enjoy it year-round, not just one or two weekends a year as the vacationing city folk do. There's lots of snow in the Winter and hot days in the Summer, and the changing of the seasons in the Fall and Spring are awesomely beautiful.

We've got two signs in our front garden, one says "Home is where our gardens grow" and the other says "Peace and Love still make sense". That about sums up where I'm at these days. That, and of course, "Visca el Barca" and "Mes Que Un Club". :barca scarf:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome!

allas does a good job with those vids, doesn't he? We let him spread the word about the site here and I'm glad he does the same for BarcaForum.

Retired at countryside? That sounds good man. What's the best thing you like about living in the countryside?
Hopefully I'll take that road in the future too :)
I always take note of Barca fans from NA as among all of their traditional sports it takes a good effort to get acquainted with football.

Happy to have you with us :beer2:

Pepe Silvia

HappinessisaWarmGun - WELCOME!!! What an awesome intro post. I know how you feel about the broadcastings. I had to dig myself to discover GolTv, ESPN Deportes, and Fox Soccer, after WC 2006 ended and needed to get my footie-fix. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans