Summer 2011

Fabregas - 34 mil.
Sanchez - 26 mil.

Summer 2012

Alba - 14 mil.

Credit where credit is due!
:rosell:

UberNjufer

non of the players has been overpayed atleast not by much,i hope they continue like this.That ibra transfer is still giving me nightmares

AvocadoCake

Maybe at the time he was, but i would not say he was a 34m sort of player this season, nor do i see his potential to grow fitting that huge bill.

Trickykid

Oh please, the Fab deal was just fine - more than fine actually. There are not many places other than this board, where he's being criminally underrated, and even if we were to sell him (which we of course aren't), we'd easily recoup that kind of money. Clubs like City and Chelsea would go raving mad even at the slightest notion of him being on the market.

Tezemery

Every single Rosell deal has been amazing, the club needed to stop over paying for players and they have.

If Rosell was in charge of all finacial aspects and we still had Laporta in charge of everything else it would be immense, pity they both hate eachother.

P

PhilS

So, getting Villa came before Rosell?

This is not many acquisitions for such a rich team over two years. What stands out are both the quality and the fit with the both Barca style of play and the Barca personality. Lots of good values in this list, no huge overpayments. The team could actually afford to overpay occasionally, except for Ibra-level disasters.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Laporta signed Villa before he left office. I believe he used term "farewell present" to describe the deal.

Home of Barca Fans