Xavi or Pirlo

Xavi or Pirlo

• Total voters

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Watching the awesomeness of Pirlo in the Euro's some like me haven't watched Pirlo throughout his career,so the question is who is the better player between the two.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

The two can't really be compared IMO, so it's hard to answer. Two completely different types of midfielders, both are class.

BerkeleyBernie

Pirlo is more like a much more creative Xabi Alonso...more direct and long pass oriented than Xavi. While they both can play the key pass, Xavi is much more the glue that ties the team together, where Pirlo is looking to get the ball forward. Xavi is also better at maintaining possession. Pirlo sometimes takes on players much faster than he is and loses the ball. Xavi rarely makes that kind of mistake. Xavi is better under pressure.

I like all playmaking midfielders- Modric, Pizarro, Sneijder, to name a few others.

Doobs

The Messiah
You know what the result will be on a Barcelona forum, even if the truth is different, so what's the point of the poll?

M

mitkoa7x

Messi bless you Puyol the wall for making this a public poll :worthy:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
I was expecting it to be more close after all the praise Pirlo was getting in the other thread not to say cules who had already given up on Xavi but it looks I was wrong it could have been Pirlo against someone like Zidane,the reason I created this poll was to know more about Pirlo.

mateopol

What's the point of this poll at Barcaforum? Seriously, stop posting polls like this. What's next. Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo Poll? On this forum Valdes got a lot votes for best keeper of century:lol::lol: that's how biased people are.

As for the question - overall as for career, Xavi. In 2011-12 season and this Euro - Pirlo by a mile.

Home of Barca Fans