Xavi or Pirlo

Xavi or Pirlo

• Total voters

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
What's the point of this poll at Barcaforum? Seriously, stop posting polls like this. What's next. Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo Poll? On this forum Valdes got a lot votes for best keeper of century:lol::lol: that's how biased people are.

As for the question - overall as for career, Xavi. In 2011-12 season and this Euro - Pirlo by a mile.
nah dude I really wanted an understanding of Pirlo's career by comparing him to Xavi and I really thought it was worth a shot if you had been following the posts recently Pirlo was getting so much praise, I didn't think it will end up like this really so whatever.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Yeh, I think Pirlo had a better year this year than Xavi, but entire career? Can't say that. Like I said it's hard to compare. Xavi is the best fit for Barca's style of play and Pirlo for Juve, I can't imagine them switching places.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Pirlo/Xavi both at there best are about equal, Xavi keeps the ball more & is alot more on the safeside, where as Pirlo takes alot of risks & is more fun to watch, both awesome though.

I prefer Pirlo but i think Xavi edges it.

Antimilan

You can't compare a tournament performer with an all-time performer. Xavi is a father to Pirlo, in football aspects.

Xavi always !

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Pirlo might still have had a better individual season, even if it's very close now, so if that's what the poll's about then I'd go with Pirlo (just).

But Xavi is a man for the big occasions: 2 great performances in finals this year (the CDR and today, when he was the best player on the pitch), best player of the previous euro, key player for Spain in 2010, MoTM in the 2009 CL final... If you judge them for their carreers, then Xavi is clearly the superior player. Which really says a lot since Pirlo is one of the greatest players of the 21:st century so far.

Snake

The two can't really be compared IMO, so it's hard to answer. Two completely different types of midfielders, both are class.

I agree with you, I pick Pirlo for the tourny but Xavi was the better player in the final. And to compare them both at the top of their game would be difficult since they're of a different breed. Pirlo has been a world class player for years, and sadly it seem most people have never seen him play until this year's Euro (where were they when Italy won 2006WC, Milan 03-07) . Before Xavi no one came close to Pirlo and Scholes.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I agree with you, I pick Pirlo for the tourny but Xavi was the better player in the final. And to compare them both at the top of their game would be difficult since they're of a different breed. Pirlo has been a world class player for years, and sadly it seem most people have never seen him play until this year's Euro (where were they when Italy won 2006WC, Milan 03-07) . Before Xavi no one came close to Pirlo and Scholes.
Deco2507SDM_468x372.jpg

Before Xavi? I didn't know Pirlo was that good back in the 90's... :pep:

Snake

Deco2507SDM_468x372.jpg

Before Xavi? I didn't know Pirlo was that good back in the 90's... :pep:

I've been following Barcelona since 03, and in my opinion Pirlo was an already established world class player by then. Xavi has always impressed me, even when he didn't get any attention. You wouldn't believe how underrated he was back then.. but It wasn't until 05 when I would personally call him a genuine world class player.

Home of Barca Fans