Joan Angel Roman

AvocadoCake

Every summer I'm just nervous about the transfer dealings of my beloved Barca.management keeps wasting money on useless talent, Rodri,Kiko,Afeelay etc when we have enough talent in La masia.

say_that_again__i_dare_you__by_eegraargee-d4exfwq.png

barca_love

because the English clubs are typical capitalistic institutions that are experienced on buying or selling...they can hardly put a value on youngsters..they just want the "ready" ones...they arenot interested on bringing up....they just simply lack of spirit..because they cannot show patience to the end ..it`s the case of Fabregas and Pique and ect...

Wouterinho

because the English clubs are typical capitalistic institutions that are experienced on buying or selling...they can hardly put a value on youngsters..they just want the "ready" ones...they arenot interested on bringing up....they just simply lack of spirit..because they cannot show patience to the end ..it`s the case of Fabregas and Pique and ect...
I like the Spanish clubs a lot more, but I don't agree with your argumentation.
- Fabregas is a terrible example imo, he became captain at Arsenal...
- Pique is already a slightly better example, but let's not forget we (Barcelona) were the ones who let him leave in the first place.
- They are actually starting to focus on youth. I'm Belgian and recently some of the biggest Belgian talents have gone to England (Chelsea, City, Man Utd,...), so they are really working on their youth development.

imaqtpi

Youth development will always be better in the continent than in England. Barca B, RM Castilla (god forbid I bring them up) and other reserve squads of Spanish La Liga teams always get to play in either the 2nd or 3rd division giving them plenty of chance to develop.

England, on the other hand has no real place for youth development. Reserve teams don't do anything in England (hence the decision they've recently come to, to set up a u-21 division albeit far too late). Instead, great, young players end up rotting on the bench in England, whereas in Spain they're given the chance to at least play real football in 2nd/3rd divisions.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I like the Spanish clubs a lot more, but I don't agree with your argumentation.
- Fabregas is a terrible example imo, he became captain at Arsenal...
- Pique is already a slightly better example, but let's not forget we (Barcelona) were the ones who let him leave in the first place.
- They are actually starting to focus on youth. I'm Belgian and recently some of the biggest Belgian talents have gone to England (Chelsea, City, Man Utd,...), so they are really working on their youth development.

Buying Hazard and Lukaku for over 50 million pounds isn't "working on their youth development"! Okay, I guess De Bruyne and Thorgan Hazard went there too, but still. Thorgan's hardly unknown, and he's still mostly there because of the success of his brother, and De Bruyne joined when he was 20... Boyata is the only one I can think of who qualifies.

Wouterinho

Buying Hazard and Lukaku for over 50 million pounds isn't "working on their youth development"! Okay, I guess De Bruyne and Thorgan Hazard went there too, but still. Thorgan's hardly unknown, and he's still mostly there because of the success of his brother, and De Bruyne joined when he was 20... Boyata is the only one I can think of who qualifies.
Those are the famous and 'older' ones but they also work on real youth.
- Charly Mussonda jnr (born in 1996) to Chelsea
- Mathias Bossaerts (also born in 1996) to Man City
- Adnan Januzaj (born in 1995) to Man United

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Those are the famous and 'older' ones but they also work on real youth.
- Charly Mussonda jnr (born in 1996) to Chelsea
- Mathias Bossaerts (also born in 1996) to Man City
- Adnan Januzaj (born in 1995) to Man United
I stand corrected

Home of Barca Fans