• We can`t be alone

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • There`s no intelligent life outside Earth

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I don`t care

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Barca_Ray_USA

Do they exist, did they already visit us, are we alone, am I bored and asking stupid questions :icon_neutral:

Last edited:

Zqa-

You are bored, and asking stupid questions... :lol:

But that wasn't an option, no?
He he, I don't care really.. or maybe I don't think so. Anywho, if there were, I guess we would've known by now.

Guardian

I'm an alien myself. I was expelled from my planet because I had organised a rebel against the Empire Confederation Party. Their political system is something between fascism and sexism and they have been terrorizing chikhuankhings (this is the name of our people) for ages.
Iniesta is from my tribe too. He's an alien himself.

Warik

Very very big universe and we have only studied a very very small percentage of it, smaller than 0.000*1%. However I think intelligent life is quite rare when you think that we have nearly been obliterated by so many natural disasters, asteroids, radiation etc and that isn't talking about man made inventions like the atom bomb. So the chance of intelligent life being as lucky and getting away with as much as us is slim. Though with innumerable amount of stars (more stars than there are grains of sand on the whole planet) it wouldn't surprise me if there were millions of intelligent species out there, however that doesn't mean the species are evenly distributed throughout the universe, we might be the only intelligence in our galaxy but other galaxies might have thousands...we just don't know.

Either way I think being alone would be quite a bummer wouldn't it? as the romanticist in me think that meeting Aliens could be one of the best things that could happen to us. All our religious, ideological and political differences would seem very very small and meeting them could unify humans in a way we haven't been unified before.

So yes I do think there are Aliens out there whether as microbes or just normal animals, and I do think there are intelligent Aliens out there. As for whether they are actually here abducting people and flying through our skies with big strobing lights? I doubt it. UFO's are a nice convenient coverup for governments testing new aircraft, a coverup made by the public and kept well fed by the public. The government just needs to issue periodic denials for the public who naturally distrust any authority figure to stoke the flames.

It's kind of on a bigger scale to immigration. The more people moan about immigrants stealing nationally born peoples jobs, the more the government denies it and the more people therefore start believing it.

It's all very http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fGl9587X8

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We can`t be alone in that vast space. I mean just think about it.
NASA says there are more than 500 billion galaxies. Galaxies have hundreds of billions stars. And almost each star has planets in orbit.
I think there are plenty of intelligent forms out there, but the distances are so big that even if we knew where to search we couldn`t get there. Not with the current laws of physics anyway :)

maz

I walk the line
I hope not. They say "there is some one out there for everyone". What if my destined other half lives on the planet Orion A which orbits GA Nebula. Then im a bit stuck..

Guardian

I feel like the Carpet people from the popular Terry Pratchett's novel. The carpet people live in their small world between the dust and the hairs of the carpet, the "natural force" vacuum cleaner destroys their villages, the people who live near the fireplace worship the fire, they mine metal from a dropped penny ..... but no one of them would even think about us. We are like the Carpet people.

maz

I walk the line
Who knows..Cristiano ronaldo may not be the best player in the universe after all...

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
haha right where it hurts!

back to subject, i do believe there are creatures out there and not neccesarly the kind we usually think of when we think aleins (big green head...) but possibly small ones.

Evil

Shabazz
Momo please tell us more about your people .. I´m very interested in knowing about the outer-space creatures. What food do you eat ? Do you breathe air ? Do you have sexual pleasures like us humans ?

Home of Barca Fans