Mario Mandzukic

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Knowing Pep and what he did to Zlatan.... He might not have given Manzukic proper explanation and that would have probably hurt his ego.

There's no denial that Lewa is a better striker, in fact it's by quite a distance, just that Pep has a weird way of getting rid of players. He did so with Zlatan, Eto'o and Yaya! Not that the said players are saints, just that Pep is not known to deal well with them either

Yannik

Zlatan, Eto'o and Yaya!

The 3 biggest egos in football, I am not surprised that Pep had his difficulties with them. Pep doesn't take shit from anyone and these guys don't do that either. They simply don't fit together.
Same with Mandzukic, although he's not that bad.
I think the issue with Mandzukic was more that he gave everything for Bayern during their treble season and still got dropped. I mean it's understandable that he was disapointed with that, but Lewa is simply another level than him. And since Mandzukic didn't want to play the 2nd fiddle, he just left. It's unlucky, noone at Bayern was comfortable with that decision but it was necessary, because all the other top teams had way better strikers. And on top of that Lewa was a fucking FREE agent, who wouldn't sign him at that point? Especially if you can then sell the other striker for 22million. That whole deal got them a worldclass-striker plus 22m.
That's like Scarlett Johansson paying you to suck you off. Sorry Mandzu, you can't win here.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You forgot to add pep is a saint.

Eto'o gave last drops of his sweat for Barca shirt. He was a character alright but saying he had the biggest ego in football is plain dumb.
He was mistreated since the start. pep said publicly he doesn't count on him before he even took the reins and we all know what happened next.
Even when he left he played as a winger for Inter.

Ibra is an egomaniac but pep picked him. He didn't fit and then pep just didn't talk to him. It had nothing to do with egos.

Yaya in Barca was young Yaya and I really can't see where you pulled biggest ego in football or how does he even fit the discussion. We are talking about Barca's Yaya Touré.
Besides, you are misinformed. I remember pep saying he wanted Yaya to stay but Yaya was the one opting to leave.

And back to Mandzo... I don't see Bayern doing better without him so you may tone down your erotic excitement.

Yannik

Uhm, I'm not sure where you draw all that stuff I didn't say out of my comment.
of course they are 3 big egos. Never said anything about them not giving it all, being mistreated or whatever, I said it's about personality. Yeah, and how could the guy who thinks he has the birthright to win African footballer of the year, possibly fit the discussion of having a big ego? I think it's self-explaining. Not sure where I'm misinformed again, I also never mentioned anything about Yaya's departure.

Is Lewandowski now an upgrade to Mandzukic? Of course. I don't think anyone would say something different.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Point is Eto'o and Ibra were mistreated by pep, just like Mandzukic was. It doesn't take away from pep being a great coach but it does shed some negative light on his personality. As was case when Tito was ill.

You made a claim of those players being at their own fault for negative sentiments betwen them and pep and that is far from reality.

Yannik

Point is Eto'o and Ibra were mistreated by pep, just like Mandzukic was. It doesn't take away from pep being a great coach but it does shed some negative light on his personality. As was case when Tito was ill.

You made a claim of those players being at their own fault for negative sentiments betwen them and pep and that is far from reality.

No, I actually didn't imply anyone being at fault. There is a certain combination of dressing room characters that simply has the tendency to not work out. That's noone's fault in particular, that's just the shit that can happen in any team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That goal of his gotta be one of the most beautiful goals ever scored in Champions League finals.

Was so proud of him when I saw it :)

Yannik

That goal of his gotta be one of the most beautiful goals ever scored in Champions League finals.

I think it was the most beautiful. Absolute stunner and will win the Puskas award, unfortunately it didn't get them anything.

JerseyAddict

When he scored I yelled GOAL and my friendy said... I just heard Goaaaaaal from at least 10 houses around us.

What a goal. Stunning!

BBZ8800

gettyimages-996429306-mandzukic-croatia-goal-et-world-cup-2018-sf.jpg

:worthy::worthy:

Home of Barca Fans