Mario Mandzukic

Yugo Count Dante

He is very underrated. Having a great season and even displaced Gomez! I think Pep should definitely give him a chance. Could have had more then one goal tonight.

I think Bojan was right when he said this.

Some of you seem oblivious to the fact that Mandzukic is Bayern's starting #9 since the start of the season.
Makes me wonder do you watch ANY of their matches.
But that's not stopping you to talk about Gomez in every post and analyzing Bayern as a team.

Same goes for the Stegen and Hummels hype. I am confident that many of the loud posters barely saw them play outside video games.

I think most players on the internet are hyped by their star-dom behaviour and looks rather than their plays. I think a certain group of people on here have mistaken this forum for some fangirling site.

There seems to be a pattern that creates hype that is usually not solely based on their plays. This goes sspecially for South American/English/Spanish players.

Last edited:
hehe yeah Arsenal fans created a great atmosphere especially in the beginning and tried to maintain it but it was hard for them as their team were not really creating any great chances and also were shifting goals away

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Not sure if you mean me Yugo but yeah I watch just about every Bayern game I can even though they usually play at 9 :D. That post actually made me laugh though because if Bojan didn't say it I would have :lol:. Seems not many people at all on here rate Mandzo even though he has been performing at a very high level this season. They instead choose to talk down Gomez and his talents when he has been injured or on the bench most of the season =/. Bayern in general are a much better team then last year and are not the same team that BARELY lost that final.
Awesome btw MrXavi! I really can't wait to go to a champions league game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Mandzo is not as clinical as world's best but he's a kind of player that are rare in football.
He has the physical presence and yet presses like no other. Menace in air (you can be big but still useless in air like Ibra for example), technical and mobile.
Also doesn't get isolated easily. Drifting wide, bringing others into play, winning fouls. A true pest.
I am sure if they made a poll among defenders that Madzo would fly high among the most feared opponents.

While he was in Dinamo, I didn't think he'd have it in him to go so far to play for one of the best clubs in the world. I guess Magath "The Saddam" helped instilling the discipline in him while he was in Wolfsburg.

Indignado

I think Mandzo is underrated. Gomez will never take his spot, especially not when Pep arrives. Gomez doesn't even come close to Mandzo in terms of workrate and contribution to the game.

spark

Really helped shackle Pirlo over two legs with his defensive effort. The goal was a nice reward. Shame he will miss the first Semi. Unless its against us , then its a blessing :D

spark

8640815810_132920ccb6_o.gif

Got kicked by Chielini, got the yellow.

Waschdel

Spanish ref. What did you expect? Juve had white shorts & socks.. close enough.

In general the ref was not as bad as I expected him to be. But this yellow card was a bad joke.
Mandzu is a wonderful player. I hardly saw a striker with his workrate. He is a perfect fit for the Bayern-system and the first defender when the team plays against the ball and everything Bojan wrote is right as well. We love that guy.

Home of Barca Fans