Tito Vilanova will be FC Barcelona's head manager through 2014

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I think that Tito is taking over the team with the opportunity to improve it vastly. Pep has given him the blueprint for a 4-3-3/3-4-4/3-1-4-2 variance, he now has to perfect it by positioning the correct players in their correct roles. I'm sure he'll have the opportunity to promote youth players to cover for Iniesta, Xavi, and Sergio who have been playing an inordinate amount of minutes/games over the years for Club and Spain. With the health of Affelay (and hopefully his continued health) he'll have an array of attackers to pair with Leo. the team really just needs a LB/CB combo defender (or Alba and Botia) and they will be able to cover for El Capitan's potential absence and Bilal's permanent absence on of the pitch (but not in the locker room).

With the correct purchases and correct tactical variance Tito has the opportunity to build on what Pep has established. This should be an exciting year.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
It is harder to maintain and improve the team since it was on such a high level for the past few years than to take it from 2008 level and sky it to what it is and represents today.
Let's hope Tito is very good at what he does and has that right amount of luck in order to make Barcelona even better !

The problem is though, that majority of both the fans and the media have a tendency of setting a number of irrational expectations based on previous results. Previous results, however, should be of secondary importance as this is a new project with new coaching staff, and it should be treated as such.

Instead of being constantly compared to Pep's Barça, I'd rather have Tito create his own Barça with its own personality while building upon the team Guardiola left thim.

¡Moltes feliçitats, Tito!

UberNjufer

i dont think barca can evaluate someone for 2 years.If results start missing tito will be gone very soon.Unfortunately for him,he has to match pep's results so pressure is on even before the start.Can he handle it :eusa_think:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I think that Tito is taking over the team with the opportunity to improve it vastly. Pep has given him the blueprint for a 4-3-3/3-4-4/3-1-4-2 variance, he now has to perfect it by positioning the correct players in their correct roles. I'm sure he'll have the opportunity to promote youth players to cover for Iniesta, Xavi, and Sergio who have been playing an inordinate amount of minutes/games over the years for Club and Spain. With the health of Affelay (and hopefully his continued health) he'll have an array of attackers to pair with Leo. the team really just needs a LB/CB combo defender (or Alba and Botia) and they will be able to cover for El Capitan's potential absence and Bilal's permanent absence on of the pitch (but not in the locker room).

With the correct purchases and correct tactical variance Tito has the opportunity to build on what Pep has established. This should be an exciting year.
Tito said he's looking for both a CB AND a LB... I think that is the reason we are signing Alba even though he's not the ideal target for our team, especially because Alves is staying

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
i dont think barca can evaluate someone for 2 years.If results start missing tito will be gone very soon.Unfortunately for him,he has to match pep's results so pressure is on even before the start.Can he handle it :eusa_think:

That's the thing, he doesn't. He needs go forward on his own terms while staying true to the Barça's style while adding something of his own into the mix. The same way Pep did when he took over from Frank.

The only ones talking about pressure surrounding Vilanova are the fans and the media. That's an illogical assumption, with reasons for such a statement given above. But to continue further, media does it in order to sell papers and spin a headline or two. Whereas the fans tend to that because they're spoiled with everything that has been going on over the past 4 years.

UberNjufer

also with a possibility to downgrade it drastically,it goes both ways

UberNjufer

That's the thing, he doesn't. He needs go forward on his own terms while staying true to the Barça's style while adding something of his own into the mix. The same way Pep did when he took over from Frank.

The only ones talking about pressure surrounding Vilanova are the fans and the media. That's an illogical assumption, with reasons for such a statement given above. But to continue further, media does it in order to sell papers and spin a headline or two. Whereas the fans tend to that because they're spoiled with everything that has been going on over the past 4 years.
pep took a team that almost failed to qualify for CL,there was only 1 way from there UP,Tito on the other hand is taking the team that is already at the top and he needs to keep it there.If the performaces drop so will he,it's a lot different now,previous years he was in the shadow while pep took all the bullets now he is the one who will be aimed at,it is a big change for Tito.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
pep took a team that almost failed to qualify for CL,there was only 1 way from there UP,Tito on the other hand is taking the team that is already at the top and he needs to keep it there.If the performaces drop so will he,it's a lot different now,previous years he was in the shadow while pep took all the bullets now he is the one who will be aimed at,it is a big change for Tito.

Not saying Rijkaard's two last seasons were a success, far from it to be fair. And the fact is that with Rosell at helm, I can see Tito getting the sack at the end of next season and our beloved Presí hiring someone utterly shit to replace him (there aren't too many coaches fit for the job), IF that is, Tito won't perform.

BUT, what I am saying at the current, is that we, as fans, should have no expectations of Tito in his upcoming season - we can apply a proverbial "clean slate" rule to him and his own (new) coaching staff.

F

Flavia

599435_349477881791351_1029152545_n.jpg

Vilanova:
"Thanks to the club to have chosen me. I feel strong and I'm looking forward to this challenge."

"I thank Guardiola, my friend, he has almost been like a brother to me. It has been a privilege to be by his side for 5 years."

"After the Chelsea game, Guardiola told me he wanted to take a break and that the club would offer me the job."

"First I was surprised, I didn't hear anything about it before. The club confirmed the offer. I took a few days to think about it"

"I had some doubts, also because of what I went through (operation), but a chance like this probably won't come around again."

"The friendship with Pep will stay, our families are also close."

"Jordi (Roura) will be my assistant. He knows the club, has been first team player, and has experience as assistant coach."

"If Pep would have joined another team this summer, I probably wouldn't be here now."

"Changes? Pep and I shared almost every decision, he communicated them. So now I won't make many changes either."

"Pep and I never had bad words, no bad gesture, think no marriage in the world has been as solid as our relation."

"I didn't yet talk with the captains. Two players have asked to talk with me after the cup final."

"Alves will stay, that's obvious. Don't understand the rumours. He has been one of the best transfers these last years."

"With Keita the same.: if he wants, he will stay."

"35M transfer budget? Nobody told me any number. We want a centre back and a left back."

"We don't plan to sign any forward. Just hope to have less injuries. Cuenca and Tello are there too, we have enough attackers."

"I'm just here to do my job. I know if people start comparing, we'll never win it."

"Reaction to constant provocations and attacks from Madrid? I deal well with it. I'm very calm, don't get nervous easily (smiles)"

"Didn't talk to Pep today, but we talked a lot the last days."

"The four players who will promote from the B-team because of their contract will have to prove themselves in pre-season."

"As I said, I'm not worried about the comparisons with Pep. I lose them all anyway."

"Messi? Know him from since he was a kid, still plays the same way. I'm sure we'll get along very well, he doesn't cause problems"

"If a player comes to you and asks to leave, then he will leave."

UberNjufer

Not saying Rijkaard's two last seasons were a success, far from it to be fair. And the fact is that with Rosell at helm, I can see Tito getting the sack at the end of next season and our beloved Presí hiring someone utterly shit to replace him (there aren't too many coaches fit for the job), IF that is, Tito won't perform.

BUT, what I am saying at the current, is that we, as fans, should have no expectations of Tito in his upcoming season - we can apply a proverbial "clean slate" rule to him and his own (new) coaching staff.
it's hard to have no expectations with messi and iniesta in the team,anyway it is pointless to discuss now,we shall see

tello

Tito will definitely needs one or two well chosen strikers apart from the two requested defenders...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans