9 - Robert Lewandowski

Morten

Impressive season, hope he doesnt get ignored for the ballon dor shortlist this time.
If he keeps this up, i`d say he should be favorite to win it.

Yannik

Impressive season, hope he doesnt get ignored for the ballon dor shortlist this time.

Without a CL trophy he will hardly even make top 5. With it, he'll probably be favourite.
Messi/Ronaldo dominance is not as present among voters anymore, Modric already won it, Van Dijk was 7 votes off and he's a defender. Ballon D'Or is anyones for the taking at this point, you just need to win CL (and or EC/WC)

Last edited:

Morten

Without a CL trophy he will hardly even make top 5. With it, he'll probably be favourite.
Messi/Ronaldo dominance is not as present among voters anymore, Modric already won it, Van Dijk was 7 votes off and he's a defender. Ballon D'Or is anyones for the taking at this point, you just need to win CL (and or EC/WC)

Domestic leagues will finish, no guarantee that CL will.
Besides, he is also leading the top scorer board in the CL, with Messi and Ronaldo no where to be seen, so i dont think the CL-trophy is a requirement this time.
It feels like Lewandowskis year, at this rate.

Hardy

best player from team that wins CL will win, unless the CL goes to a team like Atletico that doesn't really have a standout player. he's my fav as well because I think Bayern is in good position to win CL, not because of his individual numbers

Tackle

Congratulations to him. 50 goals is a very impressive feat. We were spoiled with Messi and CR scoring that much for the past decade, but it won't be very common going forward.

KingLeo10

Congratulations to him. 50 goals is a very impressive feat. We were spoiled with Messi and CR scoring that much for the past decade, but it won't be very common going forward.

Pretty astounding, yep.

Messi - 6 times in last 10 years
CR7 - 6 times in last 10 years
Suarez - 1 time
Lewan - 1 time

I think those are the only 50 + seasons in the 2010s

Morten

Also, Bundesliga have 4 fewer games, making it a bit more impressive.

Funny though, even in Lewandowskis best scoring season ever, he isnt even that close to Gerd Muller, who still have the 3 best goalscoring seasons in Bundesliga history, that guy was incredible.

Tackle

Ballon D'or stolen by the pandemic, Golden Boot stolen by a guy who scored 14 penalties.

Feel kind of bad for the bloke to be honest.

Home of Barca Fans