9 - Robert Lewandowski

raskolnikov

He is in very good shape unlike Suarez. Funny thing is despite the building his brand bs his wife wants to put out he is really lacking quality pr to the point he is taling for granted.

He has the same body and characteristics(willpower, determination, physical, penalty conversion,never injured, hard working) and near similair stats (I think) as Ronaldo but you wont see him in any top 5 ranking or having a lot of media attention despite being on a rampage so far with 20 goals heading towards a golden boot and 50+ season goals in all competitions.

Really weird.maybe its the messi vs ronaldo media hype that causes a lot of great strikers to be underrated in a way (Lewa/Suarez/Benzema/Aguero).
I leave out Kane because he is English and gets hyped and Zlatan for creating his own hype with the Im god stuff.

Yannik

Fitness levels of Ronaldo. No injury his entire career, yet played pretty much every game for the full 90 minutes for club and country since 10 years. Never gets rotated. Peaking in his 30s, looks like he'll play until he's 40.

soul24rage

He is in very good shape unlike Suarez. Funny thing is despite the building his brand bs his wife wants to put out he is really lacking quality pr to the point he is taling for granted.

He has the same body and characteristics(willpower, determination, physical, penalty conversion,never injured, hard working) and near similair stats (I think) as Ronaldo but you wont see him in any top 5 ranking or having a lot of media attention despite being on a rampage so far with 20 goals heading towards a golden boot and 50+ season goals in all competitions.

Really weird.maybe its the messi vs ronaldo media hype that causes a lot of great strikers to be underrated in a way (Lewa/Suarez/Benzema/Aguero).
I leave out Kane because he is English and gets hyped and Zlatan for creating his own hype with the Im god stuff.

I think if he went to England or Spain or even Italy, he would get more exposure/pr.

Hardy

he doesn't have all that hype to be honest cause he scores a lot of goals but when it matters he kinda disappear, his best CL run still that one with Borussia when he trashed sergio ramos in the semifinal.

KingLeo10

Can't compare with Messi or CR7 because his production drops off after group stages.

Still can't forgive him for the shameful displays v Madrid. Bayern should have won at least 1 of those ties if he was this clinical.

FinBarcelonafan

he doesn't have all that hype to be honest cause he scores a lot of goals but when it matters he kinda disappear, his best CL run still that one with Borussia when he trashed sergio ramos in the semifinal.

True and banging goals in Germany is easier. Paco is one of the best there. Says enough.

gregorrin10

Scored in every Bundesliga game so far this season...12 goals in 8 games, now banging it in in CL too, and he scored for Poland in the qualifiers too. In fact, the one game he was actually quiet and stopped, was against my national team, Slovenia, where he couldn't do shit and they lost 2-0 too. We sure showed him who's boss. :hooray:

khaled_a_d

Fitness levels of Ronaldo. No injury his entire career, yet played pretty much every game for the full 90 minutes for club and country since 10 years. Never gets rotated. Peaking in his 30s, looks like he'll play until he's 40.

In fairness, Bundesliga is by far the most player friendly league. Schedule is good, less games etc. A level below Liga and EPL at least in terms of physicality.
Players like Robber and Ribery benefited a lot from that.

MTL_Barca

In fairness, Bundesliga is by far the most player friendly league. Schedule is good, less games etc. A level below Liga and EPL at least in terms of physicality.

By the amount of games yes, but i'd say the Bundesliga is more physical than La Liga and Serie A. Robben and Ribery missed like half their games each in some seasons, i don't think it would've been much worse in Spain.

It's really no surprise with Lewandowski, he is just very professional. The Ronaldo comparison is actually quite fitting in that regard. His wife also plays a big part in that as she is an expert on nutrition.

Of course that's partly genetics too, some players just aren't made for this sport and will get injured over and over again no matter what they do.

Yannik

I think if he went to England or Spain or even Italy, he would get more exposure/pr.

Make a statistic comparison of domestic games and minutes among top strikers in England and Spain to compare him with (past 5 years):

Suarez - 203 Games - 17.153 Minutes
Lewandowski - 200 Ganes - 16.762 Minutes
Kane - 199 Games - 16.453 Minutes
Aguero - 186 Games - 16.453 Minutes
Benzema - 176 Games - 13.274 Minutes

This means Lewandowski hasn't been exposed to lesser minutes than any other forward in domestic games bar Suarez. Which makes a lot of sense, remember Bayern never really had a serious backup for him. He is Plan A and there has never been Plan B.

Now add International games and NT games to that aswell.

Suarez - 53 int Games for Barca - 4.711 Minutes - 31 Games for Uruguay - 2.724 Minutes
Lewandowski -55 int games for Bayern - 4.606 Minutes - 49 Games for Poland - 3.916 Minutes
Kane - 40 int. Games for Tottenham - 3.048 Minutes - 43 Games for England - 3.336 Minutes
Aguero - 39 int. Games for City - 2.925 Minutes - 40 Games for Argentina - 2.291 Minutes
Benzema - 63 int. Games for Madrid - 4.747 Minutes - 10 Games for France (before kicked out) - 598 Minutes

This makes a grand total of minutes and games played since 2014:

1. Lewandowski - 304 Games - 25.284 Minutes
2. Suarez - 287 Games - 24.588 Minutes
3. Kane - 282 Games - 22.837 Minutes
4. Aguero - 265 Games - 19.470 Minutes
5. Benzema - 249 Games - 18.617 Minutes

Now the injury list in all these 5 years:

Lewandowski injured for 11 games, longest time ever injured: 2 weeks
Suarez injured for 15 games, longest time ever injured : 5 weeks
Kane injured for 35 games, longest time ever injured: 7 weeks
Aguero injured for 38 games, longest time ever injured: 6 weeks
Benzema injured for 39 games, longest time ever injured: 6 weeks

He is by far the most overplayed forward around bar Ronaldo AND he is injured practically never. His injury list consists of simple knocks and bone injuries, almost not a single muscle injurys over the entirety of an entire career.
AND he is 31 and still in prime. That is both a mixture of freak genetics and Ronaldo levels of taking care of yourself.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans