9 - Robert Lewandowski

Mitchell1978

That's ridiculous. Bundesliga misses one absolute behemoth of a team to challenge Bayern but the quality of the rest of the league is very good. It's shown by players moving to England and having no issue scoring at an equal rate in the Premier League. Had Bundesliga had one Real Madrid extra all other teams would slot right into place with the strength of our league. Bvb = Atelico, Leipzig = Sevilla etc. Etc. And they have two teams fewer so 4 matches fewer.

The football being played in the Bundesliga is very good, entertaining but its also a league thats easy to score in, the Bundesliga has been over 3 goals a game quite ofter the last decade or so, much higher then La Liga.

Morten

I'm not arguing at all that Lewandowski is better than CR7 let alone Messi. I'm defending the stupid notion that Lewandowski sucks for playing in Bundesliga which is just a beyond stupid thing to say when he just smashed the CL last season with a record goal/game ratio. 15 goals and 6 assists in 10 games.

Oh, im not disagreeing with that, he had a historic season, and Bundesliga is not nearly as bad as many think either.

But actually no, btw, goal/game ratio still belongs to CR, 17 goals in 11 appearances in 13/14 is slightly better.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Bundesliga plays with a higher line so its easier for striker to score. Nearly every striker who goes to Dortmund looks worldclass suddenly, for example Batshuayi or Paco. Its way more diffuclt to score in PL, La liga or Serie A. Do you understand my point ? I am not saying that Bundesliga is weakter than these leagues but easier to score.

Morten

Bundesliga plays with a higher line so its easier for striker to score. Nearly every striker who goes to Dortmund looks worldclass suddenly, for example Batshuayi or Paco. Its way more diffuclt to score in PL, La liga or Serie A. Do you understand my point ? I am not saying that Bundesliga is weakter than these leagues but easier to score.

Auba is scoring for fun in the PL, btw, and please, dont bring up Serie A :lol::lol:

The go-to tactic in that league now is to just smash the ball into the opponent and wait for the handball call.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

So true.

Yannik

PL has adapted high lines aswell by now.

Serie A at the meantime is throwing penalties at you for everything, so the main taker would also always end up with tons of goals.

Last edited:

serghei

Strikers have it easier these days, but this is also valid for Messi and Ronaldo. BBZ has a point about this one. The art of defense is a dying one. Can't believe I'm saying this but La Liga ain't much better than Bundesliga these days. Bayern would walk La Liga this season looking at the quality.

Yannik

I would say scoring itself is easier, but strikers overall are demanded to be far more than just scoring deadwood as opposed to 10-20 years ago. Especially in terms of pressing and work rates.

Home of Barca Fans