9 - Robert Lewandowski

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Agree. Suarez's performance in 2013/14 season for lfc is the best by any individual in premier League history. He had 31 goals and 17 assists in 33 games. He probably would have broken both the goals and assists records that season if he wasn't banned for the first 5 games for biting ivanovic.

If Liverpool had a better defence and GK (mignolet was so bad), they would have won the league that year with Brendan Rodgers, not a world class one like klopp. He was the best striker in the world at that time. The year after he left, Liverpool came 6th and we won the treble.

Most of his goals were pure quality. He was on another level that season but he didnt scored a goal against the top6 I think. This reduce the value of the season but it was still amazing.

Morten

10 goals in 5 bundesliga matches, he wants that Muller-record, 40 goals in 34, wouldnt put it past him to go on and do it this season.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He has his beast mode back. He, Ronaldo and Zlatan are addicted to goals, thats why they are still performing on high level. When you see Messi and he had even said it himself, he isnt so thirsty at goals anymore but you need it to perform on high level.

Mitchell1978

Deserved the Ballon d'Or.

Its a little bit weird though that at the of 31 and 32 all of a sudden he's putting up numbers only achieved or bettered in the 21e century by Messi and CR7.

Catta

Deserved the Ballon d'Or.

Its a little bit weird though that at the of 31 and 32 all of a sudden he's putting up numbers only achieved or bettered in the 21e century by Messi and CR7.

He plays for Bayern in Bayernliga. Prime Messi and Cristiano would have scored 5 goals every match in that league.

olivis

He plays for Bayern in Bayernliga. Prime Messi and Cristiano would have scored 5 goals every match in that league.

That's ridiculous. Bundesliga misses one absolute behemoth of a team to challenge Bayern but the quality of the rest of the league is very good. It's shown by players moving to England and having no issue scoring at an equal rate in the Premier League. Had Bundesliga had one Real Madrid extra all other teams would slot right into place with the strength of our league. Bvb = Atelico, Leipzig = Sevilla etc. Etc. And they have two teams fewer so 4 matches fewer.

The fact that a Golden Boot hasn't gone to Germany since Gerd Muller was banging them in 50 years ago shows it's not that easy to score there. In the mean time we've had guys like Forlan and Falcao (and Suarez) winning golden boots in spain in the same era as Messi and Ronaldo. You think Forlan and Falcao would score 5 goals a game too? That's just quite retarded.

Morten

That's ridiculous. Bundesliga misses one absolute behemoth of a team to challenge Bayern but the quality of the rest of the league is very good. It's shown by players moving to England and having no issue scoring at an equal rate in the Premier League. Had Bundesliga had one Real Madrid extra all other teams would slot right into place with the strength of our league. Bvb = Atelico, Leipzig = Sevilla etc. Etc. And they have two teams fewer so 4 matches fewer.

The fact that a Golden Boot hasn't gone to Germany since Gerd Muller was banging them in 50 years ago shows it's not that easy to score there. In the mean time we've had guys like Forlan and Falcao (and Suarez) winning golden boots in spain in the same era as Messi and Ronaldo. You think Forlan and Falcao would score 5 goals a game too? That's just quite retarded.

No, its the fact that they have 4 games less to play, which makes a huge difference.

olivis

No, its the fact that they have 4 games less to play, which makes a huge difference.

I mentioned that in the post just one line above the part you highlighted. And my post was a reaction on someone dismissing Lewandowski's achievements for playing in Germany which is kind of stupid when the guy also finished last season with 15 goals and 6 assist in the CL (top scorer and top assist). Would likely have broken Ronaldo's record too had two games not been scrapped.

He's likely to end 3rd CL top scorer of all time at a much better goal/game ratio than CR7.

Also kind of weird to claim such a thing that Bayern (and Lewandowski) couldn't be so dominant here when they just beat two of our best teams 8-2 and 4-0 in the last two months.

I feel weird having to defend Lewandowski. I thought it was pretty unanimous that the football world declared him Ballond d'Or winner 2020 despite not having an official award.

Morten

I mentioned that in the post just one line above the part you highlighted. And my post was a reaction on someone dismissing Lewandowski's achievements for playing in Germany which is kind of stupid when the guy also finished last season with 15 goals and 6 assist in the CL (top scorer and top assist). Would likely have broken Ronaldo's record too had two games not been scrapped.

He's likely to end 3rd CL top scorer of all time at a much better goal/game ratio than CR7.

Also kind of weird to claim such a thing that Bayern (and Lewandowski) couldn't be so dominant here when they just beat two of our best teams 8-2 and 4-0 in the last two months.

I feel weird having to defend Lewandowski. I thought it was pretty unanimous that the football world declared him Ballond d'Or winner 2020 despite not having an official award.

I guess,but Ronaldo was actually a winger in his first few years in this tournament.
Also, knockout goals matters more, they just do, so Lewa can have the best goal/game ratio in the world, doesnt make im the better CL-player.

olivis

I guess,but Ronaldo was actually a winger in his first few years in this tournament.
Also, knockout goals matters more, they just do, so Lewa can have the best goal/game ratio in the world, doesnt make im the better CL-player.

I'm not arguing at all that Lewandowski is better than CR7 let alone Messi. I'm defending the stupid notion that Lewandowski sucks for playing in Bundesliga which is just a beyond stupid thing to say when he just smashed the CL last season with a record goal/game ratio. 15 goals and 6 assists in 10 games.

Home of Barca Fans