9 - Robert Lewandowski

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Strange that noone linked him with Barca by now. Cavani and Falcao are out of our price range but Lewa isn't far off and would be a bargain.

desoe

I guess even the newspapers already accepted the idea that we're not going to play with a striker in the coming few years.

Cule4life

The Culest
Barca should go for him instead of Neymar. He will provide a plan B against parked buses, we will have someone to cross to in the box, will help in defending set pieces, will be cheap to get and his pure goalscoring instinct is something which we sorely need. The false 9 experiment has died a natural death. Moving Messi to the wings and Lewandowski in the middle will cause chaos for the opposition team. But sadly Messi's insistence to play in the middle and the inability of our management to put its foot down will mean another player ideal for Barca will slip away like Vertonghen, Lloris etc. As long as Messi is at the club we will never get a world class CF. Only if Barca's mngt was more intelligent we would never be in this situation in the first place.

Barca should go for him instead of Neymar. He will provide a plan B against parked buses, we will have someone to cross to in the box, will help in defending set pieces, will be cheap to get and his pure goalscoring instinct is something which we sorely need. The false 9 experiment has died a natural death. Moving Messi to the wings and Lewandowski in the middle will cause chaos for the opposition team. But sadly Messi's insistence to play in the middle and the inability of our management to put its foot down will mean another player ideal for Barca will slip away like Vertonghen, Lloris etc. As long as Messi is at the club we will never get a world class CF. Only if Barca's mngt was more intelligent we would never be in this situation in the first place.

Can Lewandowski play out wide like Villa? Messi at false 9 with Lewandowski out wide could be great IMO. Perhaps with Messi at RW and Lewandowski at CF being a plan B when things aren't working, but stick to the false 9 for most games.

Anyways, Messi did approve of Villa playing in the center for the Sevilla game, so I doubt he's "insisting" on playing in the middle, at least not to the extent you're implying.

Getting him could be a good idea (especially if Villa's leaving), since he wants to leave, he'd be a bargain.

Last edited:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
He has played out wide before when they had Barrios. But he is definitely better in the center. I'd say villa is definitely better on the wings. Though I would be surprised and very intrigued if we ever got Lewa lol. Could make it work I guess.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't think he would be interested in playing for us anyway... Every CF in the world knows that he'd be a second option in our current team, and would probably be moved to a wing if he shows promise, something that I assume is not in his plans, especially since he's moving out from a nice spot in Dortmund...

Even if our management decided to play with a proper CF, would Lewandowski be the better option? The guy is good obviously, but is he good enough to play such a determining role in a side that aspires to win every single trophy?

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Well he definitely has the right mentality. He has great composure and you can see he is a winner. Im just not totally sure how he would work out here. I mean he would have plenty of supply, but mostly likely will be on the wings. Not sure how much of an impact he could make from there. He is really quite skilled for a Striker of his size and strength.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
What's wrong with speculation? Forums are here for a reason. Stay out of the thread if you don't want to read our opinions on the player lol. Simple.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Well he definitely has the right mentality. He has great composure and you can see he is a winner. Im just not totally sure how he would work out here. I mean he would have plenty of supply, but mostly likely will be on the wings. Not sure how much of an impact he could make from there. He is really quite skilled for a Striker of his size and strength.

I'll tell you, he would suck as a winger in our current system and there is no way hell we put the best player in history of football on the wing to accommodate Lewandowski.
But don't get me wrong, I really like him. I could see him as a perfect fit in Man U or Juventus if he chooses to leave Dortmund, maybe even Bayern.

mixer

Lewy is not that good. If he plays for the national team he does nothing really. In Dortmund he has Goetze and Reus who set up everything for him.

But his finish is good, I have to admit.

Home of Barca Fans