9 - Robert Lewandowski

spark

The sad part is that Eto'o, despite turning 29 that year, was only getting better. Even with his injuries, his best year was the year we sold him...go figure. Pep obviously knew what he was doing, but I'm not sure forcing Eto'o out was necessary....they must have really not got along.

Samu called Rijkaard a bad person . Pep doesnt like players that talk to the press. Fearing an Eto'o explosion is one understandable but that we then replaced him with notorious bad boy Ibra is the most bizarre thing, and makes you wonder what level of scouting we actually do.

Indignado

Salinas (ex-Barcelona): "Bakero recommended Barça to sign Lewandowski while coaching in Poland. In the end he went to Dortmund." [via md]

well then

D

Don_Andrés

Salinas (ex-Barcelona): "Bakero recommended Barça to sign Lewandowski while coaching in Poland. In the end he went to Dortmund." [via md]

well then

Steve Archibald tweeted during that four goal blitz, that he recommended the player to Tottenham. I also think Blackburn could have sign him while he was playing in Poland. There's always plenty of these stories that see the light of day, once a player does well.

xavisionary

If Zlatan couldn't make it during the 'false 9' era, how could Lew? Someone enlighten this armchair, fair weather fan.

Doobs

The Messiah

well then

Even Blackburn said no to him. Not surprising that we did too (assuming this true)

"In 2010, Blackburn refused to pay Lech Poznan's asking price of £4.3million for Robert Lewandowski" - Fourthofficial

D

Don_Andrés

I think I'm right in saying, that when Lewandowski first joined Dortmund he played behind Barrios in a number ten role, before eventually moving to a number nine role, when Barrios got injured. So he is adaptable.

Barcilliant

Very good player. Strong, works hard, good shot and excellent in the air. Would be perfect number 9 for Barca. We know it wont happen though.

fcbdna

Banned
If Zlatan couldn't make it during the 'false 9' era, how could Lew? Someone enlighten this armchair, fair weather fan.
Because Lewy is humble and willing to learn. . . . Zlatan wanted to be the "Big" guy and couldn't stand being in Messi's shadow.

Galning

Because Lewy is humble and willing to learn. . . . Zlatan wanted to be the "Big" guy and couldn't stand being in Messi's shadow.

Yep that's exactly what happened :rolleyes:

1juj29.gif

Home of Barca Fans