Dani Alves: "I want to stay"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona wing back, Dani Alves, insists that he wants to remain at Barca as he plans to make history with the Catalan club.

info_1339025582.jpg

The Brazil international, who is currently recovering from a broken collarbone, has been linked with a move away from the Camp Nou after a dip in form at the end of the 2011-12 season.

However, despite a reported big-money move to Anzhi Makhachkala, Dani Alves has made it clear that he does not want to leave Barcelona.

''I'm feeling very well at Barcelona. I'm happy here and want to continue at this club," the 29-year-old told Sport.
''I never even considered leaving Barcelona, because I'm feeling comfortable here, and have an ongoing contract.
''We have a great group of players and I enjoy every single day that I'm playing here. I want to continue to make history with Barca.''

Dani Alves’ contract with Barcelona runs until June 2015.

tello

If he wants to stay that's great! I'm very happy about that and really hope not to see those stupid selling rumours.
The management would be absolutely stupid to negociate his selling no matter how many douzens of millions are at stake.
He is unarguably the best RB in the world for years now...

Last edited:

yeswecan

it's good news that even if he continues with us,these transfer rumors have already made him know that people are not happy with his last season's form

PacoBJuarez

it's good news that even if he continues with us,these transfer rumors have already made him know that people are not happy with his last season's form

It's a fine line. It's a manager's job to know how to walk that line carefully, inspiring the player and making them hungry to improve without letting them become frustrated with criticism. Until last season, where something seemed to be just a little off with a few players, it looked like Pep was one of the best in the business at getting that drive out of players. I'm hoping Tito can do the same, especially since he knows the system and the players. If Dani can take the criticism and use it positively, use it as fuel to regain his form, then obviously that will be fantastic. It's obvious he wants to be here, and I'm sure he understands the quality of football he has to play to keep his spot with Montoya impressing behind him.

Home of Barca Fans