Greece

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Was surprised with Greek comeback in the 2nd half. Playing versus motivated hosts at the opening was always going to be tough. A point won I reckon.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Hopefully we can beat the Czechs tonight as I don't fancy us getting anything against Russia, so 3 points really is a must for us.

If we can get the first goal this evening I fancy us not to lose and perhaps even win, but if the Czechs score it will be a battle to get back in the game.

Hopefullly Salpingidis starts and Samaras doesn't.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
broke_greece_tshirt-p235505459130535373t5i3_328.jpg

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Our squad:-

Goalkeepers: Alexandros Tzorvas (Apollon Smyrnis), Michalis Sifakis (Atromitos), Orestis Karnezis (Granada), Panaglotis Glykos (PAOK), Stefanos Kapino (Panathinaikos).
Defenders: Avraam Papadopoulos, Dimitris Siovas, Kostas Manolas, Giannis Maniatis, Jose Holebas (all Olympiakos), Sokratis Papastathopoulos (Borussia Dortmund), Giorgios Tzavellas (PAOK), Loukas Vyntra (Levante), Vasilis Torosidis (Roma).
Midfielders: Alexandros Tziolis (Kayserispor), Andreas Samaris (Olympiakos), Kostas Katsouranis (PAOK), Giorgos Karagounis (Fulham), Panagiotis Tachtsidis (Torino), Sotiris Ninis (PAOK), Ioannis Fetfatzidis (Genoa), Kostas Fortounis (Kaiserslautern), Lazaros Christodoulopoulos (Bologna) Panagiotis Kone (Bologna).
Forwards: Dimitris Papadopoulos (Atromitos), Dimitris Salpingidis (PAOK), Giorgios Samaras (Celtic), Konstantinos Mitroglou (Fulham), Theofanis Gekas (Konyaspor).

Obviously due to injury our big miss is K.Papadopoulos.

Two players to look out for are Fetfatzidis and Christodoulopoulos in midfield. Doubt both will start but perhaps one of them will. Salpingidis and Mitroglou will probably be our front men. Whether Mitroglou is 100% is another matter.

Defensively our organisation is good and all capable defenders.

For me success will be reaching the 2nd round. If we can do that I'd be extremely happy. But it is a tough group and it's pretty even between Ivory Coast, Japan and ourselves to go through with Colombia.

Obviously Colombia have a history of self combusting at world cups but I can't see that happening this time. Technically I feel Japan are better than us two, physically Ivory Coast and tactically it is Greece - imo. So it will be interesting.

Home of Barca Fans