Are CL winners the best team in Europe?

CL winners the best in Europe?

• Yes

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 73.1%
  • Can't really say! They are just lucky!!

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

Beast

The Observer
Best teams in Europe by year and whether they won the CL

2000 - Bayern - no
2001 - Roma - no
2002 - Leverkusen - no
2003 - Juventus - no
2004 - Arsenal - no
2005 - Chelsea - no
2006 - Barcelona - yes
2007 - Man Utd - no
2008 - Man Utd - yes
2009 - Barcelona - yes
2010 - Barcelona - no
2011 - Barcelona - yes

2003 was RM

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yes.. they are ..

They beat over 180 minutes and with 10 men for large part of the second leg.. and you claim you are the best team in the world, right ? you can't even be the best team in Spain

If I didn't know how many decisions the refs gave in favor of RM I'd say RM were the best team in Europe... Even if the ref decisions are considered they still were better than Chelsea. So yeah, Chelsea were not the best team in Europe. Don't flatter Chelsea just to support your clearly flawed theory

And I'm confused trying to figure out when I claimed my team were the best

X

xaviniesta

why people make that always as an excuse that they played with 10 men. nobody told them to play with 10 men. it's their own mistake and its fricking retarded to use that as an excuse like almost everybody does.

F

Frejsgodes

When this Barcelona side is peaking it's unbeatable. That's all I need to know.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Yes.. they are ..

They beat over 180 minutes and with 10 men for large part of the second leg.. and you claim you are the best team in the world, right ? you can't even be the best team in Spain

You are acting like David Villa was out there. Villa plays in both legs and Barcelona destroys Chelsea and unlocks the parked bus. Villa buries those sitters that Alexis and Cesc missed.

El Guaje shined in Barcelona's biggest matches last year and I have no doubt he would have against Chelsea's parked bus.

Trequartista

The good
not necessarily.

it can all line up; like us in 2006, 2009 and 2011, or Bayern in 2001, Milan in 2007 and United in 2008.

but it often doesn't.

2000: Bayern/Real
2001: Bayern/Bayern
2002: Leverkusen/Real
2003: Real/Milan
2004: Milan/Porto
2005: Milan/Liverpool
2006: Barcelona/Barcelona
2007: Milan/Milan
2008: United/United
2009: Barcelona/Barcelona
2010: Barcelona/Inter
2011: Barcelona/Barcelona
2012: Barcelona/Chelsea
if we are being honest,there is now way Barca was the best team in the world in the 2011-2012 season
I would love to say Dortmund but with that choking at CL groups stages makes it a big no,Real madrid or Juventus its then

Sergio

Sergison
Barcelona aren't even the best team in Spain anymore, let alone the world. And as much as you would like to snub Chelsea, they did beat you and emphatically so in the end, Barca certainly have no room to doubt their title of champions.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Barcelona encountered way too many injuries to be considered the best team in the world this season, they really didn't have the depth to overcome them either. Real Madrid on the other hand, really encountered none.

I truly wonder how far Juventus would have made it if they were in this year's CL. I think Porto would have made it far too if they had been able to hold on to both AVB and Falcao for just one more year.

Trequartista

The good
Barcelona encountered way too many injuries to be considered the best team in the world this season, they really didn't have the depth to overcome them either. Real Madrid on the other hand, really encountered none.

I truly wonder how far Juventus would have made it if they were in this year's CL. I think Porto would have made it far too if they had been able to hold on to both AVB and Falcao for just one more year.
Juve's team is still too young to go far in the CL,same with Dortmund both among the best in Europe though

Beast

The Observer
You are acting like David Villa was out there. Villa plays in both legs and Barcelona destroys Chelsea and unlocks the parked bus. Villa buries those sitters that Alexis and Cesc missed.

El Guaje shined in Barcelona's biggest matches last year and I have no doubt he would have against Chelsea's parked bus.

Villa wouldn't do 1/10 of what Messi do.. don't kid yourself , it's a daft excuse and they played u with 10 men

Villa was being slammed beginning of the season for missing too many chances now he is the savior..

oh well

Beast

The Observer
If I didn't know how many decisions the refs gave in favor of RM I'd say RM were the best team in Europe... Even if the ref decisions are considered they still were better than Chelsea. So yeah, Chelsea were not the best team in Europe. Don't flatter Chelsea just to support your clearly flawed theory

And I'm confused trying to figure out when I claimed my team were the best

Chelsea are the best team this season in Europe whether we like it or not , i don't support them but i'm not as bitter as cules with Chelsea (by default )

Richard.H

Villa wouldn't do 1/10 of what Messi do.. don't kid yourself , it's a daft excuse and they played u with 10 men

Villa was being slammed beginning of the season for missing too many chances now he is the savior..

oh well

Have to agree with Beast here. This forum bashed the hell out of Villa in the beginning of the season. We are just clutching at straws looking for excuses when the reality is we were up by 2 goals with one more half remaining and they were playing with 10 men (not to mention the missed penalty and the numerous missed opportunities). There are many ways to win the CL and this year Chelsea won it with 90 % luck and poor execution by their opponents.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

oh well

Stating the obvious. You don't have a reason to be bitter anyways. We played Chelsea and outplayed them. You played Bayern and were outplayed. So don't blame Cules for feeling bad about watching lesser team lift the trophy.

They are deserved champions. There weren't ref mistakes. They just rode their luck until the end and won. That's football. Best team doesn't always win and that's part of it's allure.
Is it good for football? Does that kind of football make people want to stay at home glued to TV or go to matches?
Well..

Home of Barca Fans