Isco

El Gato

Villarato!
Not close to Verratti on that scale. Isco actually contributed to Real's major achievements above expectations (13/14 as CM out of position, 16/17 at tip of diamond and entire spring 19/20) while never complaining when rotated/permabenched/thrown around positions. Verratti is just a temper tantrum hack who is counter-productive to his team in CL despite being a cornerstone. There's certainly an element of Isco never becoming a player people thought he would be, but a) he's never done much to build that hype, people did it as byproduct of Iniesta close to retiring and b) most would say he's done enough to be avoid that tag.

vegitot

Not close to Verratti on that scale. Isco actually contributed to Real's major achievements above expectations (13/14 as CM out of position, 16/17 at tip of diamond and entire spring 19/20) while never complaining when rotated/permabenched/thrown around positions. Verratti is just a temper tantrum hack who is counter-productive to his team in CL despite being a cornerstone. There's certainly an element of Isco never becoming a player people thought he would be, but a) he's never done much to build that hype, people did it as byproduct of Iniesta close to retiring and b) most would say he's done enough to be avoid that tag.

Spot on. Isco was considered as Iniesta's heir (sorry Puig) amd to me, he had enough to surprass Iniesta, Zidane... but he could not. Not playing at favourite role at RM maybe one of the reason. He was brillant at International level with Spain but now it seems they dont need him anymore.

And with his current state, i dont think he will ever reach that level or at least his 16/17 level

Catta

Isco was great in 16/17, one of Reals most important players for that years CL win. For that season alone he is not a waste and was worth the money for Real.

vegitot

Look at how they massacre my boy. Join Hazard.
EjMSYBAXgAUVlpt

Morten

Thanks for the good times, but its time to get rid, but im not sure Zidane sees it that way though.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
Time to get rid was halfway through 18/19 already where he had to be sent to the stands due to bad work ethic.

He's 99% certainly done at the top level and I think it's fairly certain he'll be gone within 14 months. Unfortunately he's another player we're not likely to get any money for provided he doesn't play and when he does play he usually looks out of place, AND if we do want to have any hope of receiving a fee, we'll need to give him opportunities like Zidane did in Jan-March 2020.

Home of Barca Fans