Isco

El Gato

Villarato!
You could say that, lol. In a way it could be a blessing in disguise for some games since Julen will be forced to play a bit more direct and against Sevilla it'll be a very good thing for us if they try to play high line. Bale and Benzema excel in these circumstances. But against Atleti lack of Isco may doom us. Ceballos will probably play in that game and he'll do a good job deep, but Asensio will have to pick up a lot of the slack higher up the pitch and he'll be expected to play a LOT of minutes now. His health will have to be kept in check.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Maybe it was a mistake to let James go to give room for Isco, we will never know though....

It was a mistake to let James go and Bale stay. Not Isco.

However, I am afraid Isco will follow the lead of Ramos and ruin his career at Real Madrid.

El Gato

Villarato!
How’s Ramos ruined his career at Madrid?

Not sure that is what he meant. More so along the lines of Isco stepping onto a path he’s not fit to follow in Madrid.

Also we can complain about getting James and Bale very backwards, but I’m not convinced James would ever be compatible with the rest if we assume he’d adopt a SS role that was meant for him. I do not see how Madrid could have made that future happen without breaking up the midfield 3.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I remember reading this article regarding James. And from what I remember it's a loan+ buy option. So ultimately if James wants to return and Real still want him back, I can't see why that wouldn't happen.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Not sure that is what he meant. More so along the lines of Isco stepping onto a path he’s not fit to follow in Madrid.

Also we can complain about getting James and Bale very backwards, but I’m not convinced James would ever be compatible with the rest if we assume he’d adopt a SS role that was meant for him. I do not see how Madrid could have made that future happen without breaking up the midfield 3.

Given that James defends, and Bale doesn't, given that James can put in wonderful crosses in and Bale is injured half the time, the bar is not too high my friend. Those small La Liga games that can go from a draw to a victory and unnecessary losses to draws or win, they add up.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
It was a mistake to let James go and Bale stay. Not Isco.

However, I am afraid Isco will follow the lead of Ramos and ruin his career at Real Madrid.

Ramos is a captain and a force. If he meddles with the club, it is because he has status. Isco doesn't, he is a fan darling but he is no match for Perez. If Isco doesn't perform, the fans will pressure him and by then, he is an easy target. Isco better stay humble and shouldn't get into little cliques (Madrid is susceptible to this type of behavior) or take sides or be jealous of anyone. Iker and Raul, bigger forces than Ramos, didn't have it easy. Perez can make it very complicated for any player, and as you saw recently, even for the likes of Ronaldo.

Messigician

Isco is a CAM for Madrid in a system where Madrid don't play with CAMs same problem James had.

This is where Benitez struggled as he couldn't play Casemiro and Galactico James at the same time.

El Gato

Villarato!
Given that James defends, and Bale doesn't, given that James can put in wonderful crosses in and Bale is injured half the time, the bar is not too high my friend. Those small La Liga games that can go from a draw to a victory and unnecessary losses to draws or win, they add up.

They would indeed. Remember James' second season and third season in Madrid? Really tailed off there. Hardly any guarantee things would be much different here other than he'd be available more often than Bale, pretty much the only thing he consistently has on him.

Morten

They would indeed. Remember James' second season and third season in Madrid? Really tailed off there. Hardly any guarantee things would be much different here other than he'd be available more often than Bale, pretty much the only thing he consistently has on him.

He was good in the third season, didnt play much but had an impact whenever he played.

Home of Barca Fans