Isco

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
he never let go the ball man, that is so annoying about him, i wish he play direct football. Also him and Benzema are not compatible and never will be.

BarçaBarça

he never let go the ball man, that is so annoying about him, i wish he play direct football. Also him and Benzema are not compatible and never will be.

That is why Benzema must go. Isco will be immense this summer in the world-cup and you will realize that you need to play more to his strengths. And if you do that, you would benefit a lot, and make a decent bet to the league title next year. If you keep playing Benzema, Kovacic over Casemiro, Bale over Asensio etc. then you have less a chance. A team with Asensio instead of Bale, Isco as a focalpoint, and a new attacker instead of Benzema (like Kane or Hazard) really would improve you and help you play better, imo.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
Isco will never suit madrid style and he is overrated, over hyped by spanish medias 100%. Asensio and kovacic are still a bench players, Casemiro was bad this season.

Isco will not change his football, the new era of football got into his head where you do 1-2 freestyle stuff media will hype you. Isco had a average season but nobody will say anything because he is spanish.

Benzema had a very bad season and for sure there will be a new attacker but Karim is not going any where. Pretty sure there will be lots of rotations next year like in 16/17.

LosBlancos

Besides a couple miscues in the final third, I thought he had a pretty good game. Even if he put away that shot that went off the post, good chance he was going to the bench in the second half anyway. Excited to see how he preforms at the WC.

Andrew M

Besides a couple miscues in the final third, I thought he had a pretty good game. Even if he put away that shot that went off the post, good chance he was going to the bench in the second half anyway. Excited to see how he preforms at the WC.

I thought he was pretty crap. Lucky to start based on form

Morten

Dont really know what to make of him, last season he was world class, had some decent matches this season, but back to his ball-hogging self.
He was still great for Spain, while he was struggling here. Idk what it takes to get consistent seasons out of him, having said that, letting him go would be a mistake.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I think he'd be even more world class and a lot more consistent for Barca, hypothetically. When he plays for Spain he's easily one of the most impressive midfielders in the world, that recent masterclass against Italy/Verratti coming to mind. He's just built for a system like that more, a system like RM's encourages him to be more individualistic than he should be.

JamDav1982

I think he'd be even more world class and a lot more consistent for Barca, hypothetically. When he plays for Spain he's easily one of the most impressive midfielders in the world, that recent masterclass against Italy/Verratti coming to mind. He's just built for a system like that more, a system like RM's encourages him to be more individualistic than he should be.

Takes more than some qualifiers against poor sides though.

If he can do it in a major tournament against top sides then fair play.

El Flaco

Same thinking. He could get 1st 11 spot without any doubt.

And RM could be built around Isco in order to get the best out of him. Isco has actually been much better in Spain tbh.

Can't really see Lopetegui using crossing tactics to play Ronaldo's strengths like Zidane used to do.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I doubt Lopetegui messes with the system THAT much, there is big pressure for continuity. Though I definitely think Isco will be the focal point at the top of the midfield, and Bale is likely on his way out.

I expect the crosses to stay though. They played like that before Zidane and they'll do it after. The biggest thing I saw from Zidane was how he emphasized two crossing plays: far post if the crosser is unchallenged at the edge of the box, and if that fails then a teammate overlaps the crosser for a cutback in the middle/near post. That was RM's routine in a majority of their attacking possessions under Zidane, and it's the most effective way to spam crosses all game long. Dunno how much Lopetegui will divert from this model.

Home of Barca Fans