Isco

Trickykid

Lots of Madridistas seem to be pretty frustrated with Isco this season. It looks like he's fallen back to his relentless ball noodling all over the pitch that doesn't amount to a whole lot, just like in his early RM days before he thoroughly blew up.

His exit when subbed against Espanyol has come under scrutiny as well, as he was extremely slow to leave the pitch despite only having a 0-0 score, and Ramos reportedly yelled at him to get a move on. It's obviously exaggerated like most of the Spanish football "journalism", but I can understand his team-mates wanting play to resume quickly.

[youtube]qFRcfTg40Qs[/youtube]

Windhook

I think Zidane never trusted Isco and this season being mainly on the bench is having negative effect on his career. He might still be interested in Barcelona, but first we have no room for him, second fans will be all over him on both camps.

Trickykid

I think Zidane never trusted Isco and this season being mainly on the bench is having negative effect on his career. He might still be interested in Barcelona, but first we have no room for him, second fans will be all over him on both camps.

He hasn't been benched that much. I think he's started just about every ChL game, and the vast majority of the La Liga.

Anyhow, before Coutinho he would've made sense here, now, not so much.

BarcaOG

Banned
that's pretty shitty from isco tbh. that would deeply frustrate me if one our players did it under similar circumstances.

Morten

We know what Isco is capable of, why he is a no-show this season i dont understand, he gets plenty of matches too.

xXKonan

We know what Isco is capable of, why he is a no-show this season i dont understand, he gets plenty of matches too.
The way I see it is last season he wanted to prove Zidane a point that he can be a starter and he did.

But once James left, he probably got to thinking his place is secure and there's no reason to push himself like he did a season ago.

El Gato

Villarato!
The way I see it is last season he wanted to prove Zidane a point that he can be a starter and he did.

But once James left, he probably got to thinking his place is secure and there's no reason to push himself like he did a season ago.

Isco's fate is kinda tied to this summer. And it's not in terms of stay or go, Perez more or less committed to him contractually given he is a nice flashy Spaniard who Zizou likes, more like where the squad decisions will push his future. If steps are taken to break up BBC then we may slowly move towards 4-4-1-1 while going through 4-2-3-1 in the process. If we're stuck with them for another season he may be asked to play deeper permanently. Zizou tries time and time again to give him the #10, but the system isn't acceptant of him in behind strikers taking the reins. Not without his Spanish buddies next to him. His dropping in between all the lines was very noticable in autumn when we crashed and burned, other playmakers took less risks and stood out like sore thumbs.

It's a bit of a limbo until it's crystal clear so it's only natural he's mishmashing his performances. It's the way it's always been with him, only that he matured over the years and stopped hogging the ball in favour of directness.

Home of Barca Fans