Isco

Catta

I can see him going to QSG for fairly cheap, so real can strengthen their relationship to have a chance for neymar or mbappe in the future

Vilarrubi

The tactics were pretty solid. It's just that Messi exploited the close man-marking of Kovacic on the first goal.

And Kovacic was who started instead of Isco... that was my whole point. The 2nd half Madrid were terrible in midfield even before the red.. we weren’t even trying that hard either, passing round at the back mostly. A more aggressive Barca of the past could have made that game 5-0.

Horatio

You're welcome
And Kovacic was who started instead of Isco... that was my whole point. The 2nd half Madrid were terrible in midfield even before the red.. we weren’t even trying that hard either, passing round at the back mostly. A more aggressive Barca of the past could have made that game 5-0.

And my point was that with Isco Messi might have had an easier time getting in the box.
Just because a tactic failed doesn't mean it wasn't sound to begin with. Sometimes your opponent just finds a good solution in time.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

And my point was that with Isco Messi might have had an easier time getting in the box.
Just because a tactic failed doesn't mean it wasn't sound to begin with. Sometimes your opponent just finds a good solution in time.

I believe it was the wrong choice. Zidane played on the fact that we only scored one goal in two legs of the Supercup, put it down to Kovacic being in the midfield and tried it again.

Supercups are nothing to go by. It’s basically pre season just like when we lost 4-0 to Bilbao.. means nothing. Plus they were our first games without Neymar.

We never have a problem scoring against Madrid (bar the supercup) but we do have problems defending.. so for Zidane to field a more reserved team, when they were 11 points behind AND when Isco has been one of Madrid’s better players this season was just wrong. Clasicos are nearly always about outscoring each other rather than trying to contain the opponent.

Horatio

You're welcome
I believe it was the wrong choice. Zidane played on the fact that we only scored one goal in two legs of the Supercup, put it down to Kovacic being in the midfield and tried it again.

Supercups are nothing to go by. It’s basically pre season just like when we lost 4-0 to Bilbao.. means nothing. Plus they were our first games without Neymar.

We never have a problem scoring against Madrid (bar the supercup) but we do have problems defending.. so for Zidane to field a more reserved team, when they were 11 points behind AND when Isco has been one of Madrid’s better players this season was just wrong. Clasicos are nearly always about outscoring each other rather than trying to contain the opponent.

Still think it's reckless to give Messi too much space. It's a tactic that worked for other teams in the past.

But you have a fair point, Zidane might have indeed underestimated Barca's defense.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Serves him well for believing Flo's and Zizu's lies... He brought this on himself with that 700 million release clause...

Home of Barca Fans