Isco

Maria

So typical of you to twist some statements and facts to suit your agenda. The united thing and Mata bros was a joke, Do you even humour?

Have we met and I didn't know it? And what is my agenda in this case exactly? And you still didn't answered why are you saying that Isco's career is destroyed.

Yup "379 minutes in the last CL">being sidelined repeatedly for galactico toys. A guy of his caliber should be starting day in day put at a CL level club. And comparing with Thiago who was one of the most poorly handled youngsters somehow makes Isco "lucky to get 379 minutes in CL".

There were 379 minutes in the knock-out stages stages of the CL..he played 643 minutes in total in CL, 3163 minutes in the season 2013-2014.
And if you didn't like that I compared him with Thiago, then I will compare him with Iniesta. At Isco's age, Iniesta had played 409 minutes in the knock-out stages stages of the CL and 2479 minutes in the whole season 2005-2006. Do you think that he should have left after that season? And if Rafinha is sidelined when Suarez is going to be allowed to play do you think that he should also leave next summer? I'm really curious.

CuleLife4Life

I understand exactly what @Maria is saying but the thing is Madrid keep buying players in Isco's position, it does begin to stiffle his career development.

For a 21 yr old, he has contributed a lot to Madrid's CL winning year and learned a lot at the same time. With any other club, that would mean a continued rise to a starter's position. But he now finds himself behind a new purchase who is not only overrated but not as talented as Isco. Unfortunately Isco will find himself on the bench again instead of the starter's position he worked hard for. And if James happens to be benched, Isco loses his supersub role as well.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
Have we met and I didn't know it? And what is my agenda in this case exactly? And you still didn't answered why are you saying that Isco's career is destroyed.

There were 379 minutes in the knock-out stages stages of the CL..he played 643 minutes in total in CL, 3163 minutes in the season 2013-2014.
And if you didn't like that I compared him with Thiago, then I will compare him with Iniesta. At Isco's age, Iniesta had played 409 minutes in the knock-out stages stages of the CL and 2479 minutes in the whole season 2005-2006. Do you think that he should have left after that season? And if Rafinha is sidelined when Suarez is going to be allowed to play do you think that he should also leave next summer? I'm really curious.
dont want to get into further discussion but they U`re comparing a big signing to homegrown players.

B

beautifulgame

... And? Point stands how is his career being ruined while Thiago or inesta's wasn't?

CuleLife4Life

dont want to get into further discussion but they U`re comparing a big signing to homegrown players.

Thiago was homegrown and left because he didn't get enough minutes. Isco isn't a big signing in Madrid standards and is fairly young since he just turned 22. Regardless of homegrown or not, a player wants to develop their career not pull a JDS.

I'll admit Isco didn't have a terrible year last year but I just don't see a repeat now with James ahead of him regardless.

Cule4life

The Culest

Watch out we got a stat warrior over here.....

Will you please tell me what criteria fits the bill of a career being ruined you?

1. Recurring injuries aka Giuseppe Rossi?
2. Sitting on the bench and collecting your paycheck aka Lord Song?
3. Being a squad player but players above you in the pecking order being better than you aka Pedro?
4. Being a squad player but players above you in the pecking order being better than you but with a long term plan of you becoming a starter aka Iniesta?
5. Being a squad player but players above you in the pecking order not being better and no long term plan of you becoming a starter than you aka Isco and Thiago at Barca?
6. Being ostracized for some reason and being benched deliberately to teach you a lesson aka Llorente
7. Some other scenario- Elaborate if you want

None of these above categories are similar but according to you No. 4 and No 5 are in the same vein.....

You keep waving around these "stats" as God's absolute truth but if you go deeper you will realize that out of 44 appearances, 15 were from the bench and many of the starts were against weak teams. Now with James Rodriguez as a new galactico toy he will not get significant minutes in the big matches. More galacticos will come and they will also play above Isco because they will "sell shirts". The only reason Isco and Illaramendi were bought was a ploy by Perez to fulfill a short lived fad among Madridistas of having more Spanish players in the team as he was under fire for the team having galacticos without success. Now that the decima has been achieved Perez has got the license of going back to the galacticos and his business model. Madrid will never be a good team to develop talent like Barca and Dortmund because they have a business model of a corporation not a football club

Even Madridistas dont defend Isco's handling like you do. Well i guess being a hipster is the trend among the "cool kids" these days....

CuleLife4Life

I know I probably sound like a crazed Cule right now but I truly believe if we wait it out for about 2-3 yrs we can land him. Iniesta's heir.

He won't develop at RM and won't ever take a starting spot from James, Kroos, or Modric for at least another 3 years unless Modric drastically declines. Then Madrid will probably just buy a new galactico to replace him. If he has a release clause, we can totally land him with RM not having any say.

xavisionary

tumblr_nczyfs0kp51qiy96so2_250.gif

tumblr_nczyfs0kp51qiy96so1_250.gif

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Home of Barca Fans