Diego Simeone

KingLeo10

They pay him 25 M a year to continue to choke to a rebuilding Barca and past it RM.

Absolute joker. If it wasn't for the wrong disallowed goal in LL 13/14 last game, he would have a grand total of 0 major trophies in Spain over 8 years.

Always flatters to deceive and always folds when there's actual pressure of a prize.

Birdy

If he does not change the way he thinks about football, he will become Mourinho 2.0

a past-it manager, once top of the top, now obsolete because he could not follow the evolution of the sport

xXKonan

Simeone's holy grail of a team was the 2013/14 team with Courtois Juanfran-Miranada-Godin-Luis Arda-Gabi-Tiago-Koke Costa-Villa and eventually adding Griezmann replacing the likes of Villa and Costa upfront as their main man and it won't be ever replicated.

They had some success with replacements but also had quite a bit of duds in the process. Joao Felix I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually gets binned, talented kid but the wrong player to replace the likes of Griezmann who was perfect for Atletico's system.

malvolio

They pay him 25 M a year to continue to choke to a rebuilding Barca and past it RM.

Absolute joker. If it wasn't for the wrong disallowed goal in LL 13/14 last game, he would have a grand total of 0 major trophies in Spain over 8 years.

Always flatters to deceive and always folds when there's actual pressure of a prize.

they should have ditched him long ago. this dire football he plays works for smaller teams that thrive on being the underdog. once they've reached the level of a rich team, they don't know what to do.

with the status and money they have now, top 4 shouldn't be an issue. so they would at least focus on playing some football with another manager in charge.

Vilarrubi

When they actually decided to attack from around 75 mins onwards they were cutting through Sevilla with ease. Imagine if they’d done that from the start.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
So, met me conclude that you guys think some other manager would have done better than Simeone with Atletico?

Morten

Isn't he the best payed coach in the world?

Can't deny he has been important for Atletico, but i dont see how he can stay if he bottles a 13 point lead, especially considering the football itself is quite dull.

JamDav1982

Atelti are caught between styles.

They have always been best under Simeone when sat deep and hit on break but cant do that with Suarez up top as his cant run.

The flip side of that is they have beat more of the shite in the league as could control ball more and take it up the park to Suarez.

Surely they would be a better overall side with pace/workrate at CF with Felix behind that.

Horatio

You're welcome
Isn't he the best payed coach in the world?

Can't deny he has been important for Atletico, but i dont see how he can stay if he bottles a 13 point lead, especially considering the football itself is quite dull.

I can see him stay. People just need to acknowledge they were overperforming first half of the season. In turn Real and Barca(especially Barca) were underperforming.

Last edited:

Birdy

1) You were laughing on the xPoint table, but now you see what it is all about.
Atleti was super lucky for 2-3 months constantly over-performing in their scoring/conceding based chance creation.
Now luck turned against them, and they are gradually getting what they deserve and their position in the table is adjusting accordingly

2) It's not that Suarez is his problem.
His style of football is his problem. That football is dying and we ain't in 2013 anymore. Even 'sitting deep and playing on the counter' has changed since then.
Solksier is doing it like 100 times better than Simeone atm.

Home of Barca Fans