User Tag List

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Diego Simeone

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 goals conceded in La Liga at home, crazy, don't like the defensive style but its still an art. Also Fabinho getting linked to Atletic, would be another improvement to their defence.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know why we wouldn't have Simeone if the board is happy with poor football Valverde has been producing.

Twice the coach Valverde ever will be.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simeone could be training players over skype while sipping pina coladas on a beach on another continent and the players would still be multiple times more disciplined than anything we saw in Rome or Levante.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think our current boards will ever hire the type of managers like Simeone, ever. He is too strong of a character for our foolish boards to work with.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simeone is great, but he won't come here even if we wanted to. EV or all his faults is still more attacking coach, even if he is defensive by our standard

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cactus would grow on my forehead before Simeone was asked to manage Barcelona.
    People are boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always hoped until the last second that he would become coach of Argentina....the chances for Messi to win the WC would be 100x higher.
    With him as coach I would consider Argentina top 3 to be WC winner.

Coach of Barca ? Apart from the fact of his defensive game, I don't see him having in team players (with exeption of goat Messi) who do not run,
    do not bleed, do not spit the soul on the pich, do not fight like warriors. His teams are always made up of 11 warriors, based more on physical, mental strength and discipline than on technique. If he becomes our coach, half of the team goes home (no matter how much the players have been paid).

I'm not sure how much he would do well with a big team, where there are important names and other balances in the dressing room.
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Titan.

The job he has done is simply incredible.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagIX View Post
    I always hoped until the last second that he would become coach of Argentina....the chances for Messi to win the WC would be 100x higher.
    With him as coach I would consider Argentina top 3 to be WC winner.

Coach of Barca ? Apart from the fact of his defensive game, I don't see him having in team players (with exeption of goat Messi) who do not run,
    do not bleed, do not spit the soul on the pich, do not fight like warriors. His teams are always made up of 11 warriors, based more on physical, mental strength and discipline than on technique. If he becomes our coach, half of the team goes home (no matter how much the players have been paid).

I'm not sure how much he would do well with a big team, where there are important names and other balances in the dressing room.
    totally agree. Simeone would of whipped them into shape and had them fighting for eachother, perfect for a world cup

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simeone for Argentina would almost certainly have had a great effect with them, as coach for Barca? Thats a different story.
    You cant argue that he is a quality coach, but it would be a total mismatch due to playing style. A lot of the time, Atletico play a rather defensive, very boring style of play, that wouldnt go over well at a club like Barca.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Simeone for Argentina would almost certainly have had a great effect with them, as coach for Barca? Thats a different story.
    You cant argue that he is a quality coach, but it would be a total mismatch due to playing style. A lot of the time, Atletico play a rather defensive, very boring style of play, that wouldnt go over well at a club like Barca.
    Agreed. You just have to play entertaining football if you manage a club with the resources of Barca or Madrid. Which is why even managers who win things but are defensive and economical in their approach don't last very long.