Diego Simeone

clemente

4 goals conceded in La Liga at home, crazy, don't like the defensive style but its still an art. Also Fabinho getting linked to Atletic, would be another improvement to their defence.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know why we wouldn't have Simeone if the board is happy with poor football Valverde has been producing.

Twice the coach Valverde ever will be.

Devils

Simeone could be training players over skype while sipping pina coladas on a beach on another continent and the players would still be multiple times more disciplined than anything we saw in Rome or Levante. :lol:

Meatball

I don't think our current boards will ever hire the type of managers like Simeone, ever. He is too strong of a character for our foolish boards to work with.

khaled_a_d

Simeone is great, but he won't come here even if we wanted to. EV or all his faults is still more attacking coach, even if he is defensive by our standard

MagIX

I always hoped until the last second that he would become coach of Argentina....the chances for Messi to win the WC would be 100x higher.
With him as coach I would consider Argentina top 3 to be WC winner.

Coach of Barca ? Apart from the fact of his defensive game, I don't see him having in team players (with exeption of goat Messi) who do not run,
do not bleed, do not spit the soul on the pich, do not fight like warriors. His teams are always made up of 11 warriors, based more on physical, mental strength and discipline than on technique. If he becomes our coach, half of the team goes home (no matter how much the players have been paid).

I'm not sure how much he would do well with a big team, where there are important names and other balances in the dressing room.

Givenchy

I always hoped until the last second that he would become coach of Argentina....the chances for Messi to win the WC would be 100x higher.
With him as coach I would consider Argentina top 3 to be WC winner.

Coach of Barca ? Apart from the fact of his defensive game, I don't see him having in team players (with exeption of goat Messi) who do not run,
do not bleed, do not spit the soul on the pich, do not fight like warriors. His teams are always made up of 11 warriors, based more on physical, mental strength and discipline than on technique. If he becomes our coach, half of the team goes home (no matter how much the players have been paid).

I'm not sure how much he would do well with a big team, where there are important names and other balances in the dressing room.

totally agree. Simeone would of whipped them into shape and had them fighting for eachother, perfect for a world cup

Morten

Simeone for Argentina would almost certainly have had a great effect with them, as coach for Barca? Thats a different story.
You cant argue that he is a quality coach, but it would be a total mismatch due to playing style. A lot of the time, Atletico play a rather defensive, very boring style of play, that wouldnt go over well at a club like Barca.

serghei

Simeone for Argentina would almost certainly have had a great effect with them, as coach for Barca? Thats a different story.
You cant argue that he is a quality coach, but it would be a total mismatch due to playing style. A lot of the time, Atletico play a rather defensive, very boring style of play, that wouldnt go over well at a club like Barca.

Agreed. You just have to play entertaining football if you manage a club with the resources of Barca or Madrid. Which is why even managers who win things but are defensive and economical in their approach don't last very long.

hulinat

Gotta love Simeone and his love and passion for football. Wish Barca had a manager like that too again. Pep had it but who else can be the 12th man on the pitch? Definitely not some monotone and depressed old man who's only in it for the money.

Leo_Messi

[tw]1096072972522143744[/tw]

Been saying it for a while. Both Atlético and Simeone need new ideas but at the same time I respect this relationship and the fact that a top club in the strongest league of the world can keep a manager this long in a country that otherwise is very famous for not giving managers many seasons to work with in a row. One of the few things that I envy in regards to the EPL and how they do things there or at least used to do before the huge influx of foreigners.

Atlético being so unlike the usual Spanish top teams (other than the Valencia of the old) is also a breathe of fresh air although I won't hide the fact that I don't enjoy them at all and hate playing against them. Them choking against RM of all teams repeatedly is not helping.

Hopefully Simeone will add new traits to his managerial career and become a bit more tactically flexible. The way that he has "destroyed" creative players like Lemar and others is baffling.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans