Diego Simeone

El Gato

Villarato!
Wonder what his next stop could be after AM. I would bet on Chelsea offering him a ridiculous contract.

It's difficult to see him leave any time soon. What more could he want? You're almost unbeatable by anyone in the CL, you've got financial security, you're managing to spark results despite horrific scoring season, he already is the highest paid manager in world football (I think?).

Like, why would he need to go anywhere? Chelski aren't letting Lamps go for a few years I don't think.

JamDav1982

Wonder what his next stop could be after AM. I would bet on Chelsea offering him a ridiculous contract.

Chelsea are delighted with Lampard and the style of football being played by a young team that will only get better.

No chance they are going to go for Simeone just now.

Most likely be a job in Italy next as the top EPL clubs wont be all that keen on the style.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What he's done for Atletico is nothing short of incredible, but Simeone being afraid of going for the kill have lost them one CL final when Real Madrid looked physically done and now this game too.

Gotta go for it when you have the momentum.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
[FONT=&quot]In all seriousness, how does one of the richest clubs in their league get away with that type of football year in year out? Negative, attritional shite every week in their nice shiny stadium. I understand if you have limited resources, or are just trying to survive but a team looking to win the league and the champions league? Not for me.[/FONT]

FinBarcelonafan

[FONT=&quot]In all seriousness, how does one of the richest clubs in their league get away with that type of football year in year out? Negative, attritional shite every week in their nice shiny stadium. I understand if you have limited resources, or are just trying to survive but a team looking to win the league and the champions league? Not for me.[/FONT]

Salty eh?

Still very tough team to beat over two games, don't you think?

El Gato

Villarato!
Salty ass ideologues eating up every word of their manager's like gospel are the worst. C'mon Eddy you're better than this.

Diego is class, but the more time passes without him not making that next step and only sort of teasing it, the more he digs himself into certain rep.

serghei

I said it before. When we started to talk about Simeone failling to win CL finals we already conceded he is a great manager. Before him Atletico wasn't even making CL groups often. Now top 8 in Europe with 2 finals in 6 years, is not good enough.

Simeone made Atletico constant top dogs in CL.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I said it before. When we started to talk about Simeone failling to win CL finals we already conceded he is a great manager. Before him Atletico wasn't even making CL groups often. Now top 8 in Europe with 2 finals in 6 years, is not good enough.

Simeone made Atletico constant top dogs in CL.

His CV is impressive. I don't blame him much or at all for losing finals to RM same way I don't blame Allegri for getting beat by all time great RM and Barca sides.

But, it has to be said yesterday was an incredible opportunity and he fluffed his lines big time. Europe doesn't give you many chances and with all that experience and grit behind you and having already beat Pool, you have to take care of business with the "easier" opponents.

I can't give him a pass for last night. Juve, I could because CR7 factor. But this is a huge defeat.

serghei

His CV is impressive. I don't blame him much or at all for losing finals to RM same way I don't blame Allegri for getting beat by all time great RM and Barca sides.

But, it has to be said yesterday was an incredible opportunity and he fluffed his lines big time. Europe doesn't give you many chances and with all that experience and grit behind you and having already beat Pool, you have to take care of business with the "easier" opponents.

I can't give him a pass for last night. Juve, I could because CR7 factor. But this is a huge defeat.

It was an opportunity, but let's face it, these are not normal conditions. So we have to understand that it is possible to not be able to adapt to the conditions of this corona-version CL. I think in two legs Atletico edge this tie.

Calderon/Wanda always was their biggest strenght. They have been stripped from that advantage by this format.

Their approach is this: they dig it out away from home, and keep it tight score-wise, usually with away goals scored (unless they face Ronaldo sides), and finish the job home. Or, if they play home first, they try to win with a clean sheet and try to defend their way in the return leg to a qualification.

It's a pattern. They manage to concede 0 goals at home with incredible consistency and this is how they've been able to knock out bigger better teams. They understand the value of a clean sheet at home.

Since 2014 in KO games at home. 4-1 (past it Milan, that goal didn't even count), 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 0-0, 0-0, 2-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, 1-0. 2 goals conceded in 13 games at home. It's clear how they do damage in CL. Close shop at home, and nick a goal, then score away to exploit the away goals rule.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans