Diego Simeone

Andrew M

Aww yeah :D

Cholo single handedly resurrected La Liga's reputation for me. Even though he pounded us this season, the respect I have for this man :worthy:

People always have been jealous of La Liga and just used the big 2 duopoly as their entry point.

Haterz will always find a way

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Compared to Mou's Chelsea, Simeone's Atletico looks like a innovative and courageous team and what he did with Atletico is nothing short of miracle.
In only 2,5 years he won Europa League, Copa del Rey, European Super Cup and is now crowned as champion of Spain.
Truly amazing.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's also interesting how 10 players that started against us were also playing for Atleti in 2011 when they were in shambles.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just goes to show that names are just names. Simeone transformed Juanfran-Godin-Miranda-Luis into defensive wall. We're looking to splash 30-40 mil. on Luiz, Benatia or Laporte but truth of the matter is: no name will solve problems unless the system is fixed.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I agree Bojan. All the problems aside, Barca simply never paid enough attention to their defensive part of the game and that had a hand on their decline since Pep's last season. Even if the best defenders arrive it's still the system which could get either the best of 'em, or worst of them.

F

Flavia

Words after the game: "este partido no merece una lágrima. Tal como han luchado los jugadores, marchamos con la cabeza bien alta. Hemos luchado e intentado ganar frente a un equipo e intereses económicos muy poderosos. Estoy orgulloso de mi equipo"

This game doesn't deserve one tear. The way the players fought, we march with our heads held high. We fought and tried to win against a powerful team and economical interests. I'm proud of my team.

I wonder why he said that... too many added minutes?

Atletico and Simeone will get A LOT of scrutiny next year, that's for sure.
As the club is in a dire financial situation, Diego will have to continue working his miracles, and buy wisely. But given how much they rely on giving 110% every game, I think the club is doomed to move downhill a little, pretty soon

Home of Barca Fans