Diego Simeone

Cule4life

The Culest
He's done all he could. It's time for him to leave. Maybe Atletico need a fresh perspective to progress....

Nah they'll become pathetico again

Chainsaw

Killahead
I hope that now he will decide to coach the NT

Sampaoli to Argentina is almost done. Hope Simeone goes to Inter, but I think he will remain at Atletico for at least one more season. Atletico didn't reinforce their squad very well in the past summer. They needed a better CF than Gameiro, a better CB than Savic, and a better RB than what they have. Had they done better moves they could do much better this season.

Cule4life

The Culest
Sampaoli to Argentina is almost done. Hope Simeone goes to Inter, but I think he will remain at Atletico for at least one more season. Atletico didn't reinforce their squad very well in the past summer. They needed a better CF than Gameiro, a better CB than Savic, and a better RB than what they have. Had they done better moves they could do much better this season.

What about their ideology? This brand of negative football can only take them so far

Messi983

Cholo has done what he could with this team. I've read an article a few days ago that his energy and passion made up for a quality difference between AM and Barça/RM players over the last few years and now he can't make that anymore. I still believe he'll stay for another season because of Atletico's move to a new stadium. He'd probably leave otherwise but next season will be special for the club and he'll probably want to be a part of that.

Hm, I think Savic was probably their best defender this season.

Juanfran has declined but Vrsaljko has started to play well after a pretty rough start. Sadly they were both out against RM. Not that they would do much difference.

For me Gameiro and Gaitan were disappointing signings, especially in CL. Whenever Griezmann didn't play well they struggled to score. Somehow they can't find that 2nd striker to pair with Griezmann. And now it's very likely that he'll leave them in summer and if their transfer ban won't be lifted they couldn't even get a replacement for him so it will be up to Gameiro, Torres, Correa and possibly Vietto to score goals next season.

BarcaOG

Banned
His Atletico side is a fucking cyanide pill to everyone except Real Madrid.

I said after the CL final last year, Atletico need to be eliminated early on in this competition because they will eliminate any top team in Europe and then bend over for Real Madrid. And it fucking happened again.

Please just resign.

so accurate. so frustrating

xXKonan

Along with the aging players and loss of mentality from before, losing players like Arda and Costa hurt them a lot as well. Despite his form here Arda, was a key player for his side and fit the role as a Wide Midfielder/ Winger very well. Costa was a machine for Simeone and fit his system so well.

they spent so much money on trying to replace Costa with Gameiro,Jackson Martinez,Vietto,Raúl Jiménez,Mandzukic and going by the Lacazette, rumors Gameiro didn't satisfy Simeone enough . Torres was free obviously and no one should expect much out of him. They got the Griezmann part right but no one really to fill the Costa size hole that was left.

BarcaOG

Banned
really good news for la liga. without him atleti would slump into total incompetence once more. i no longer rate his or atleti's CL potential (but i hope we don't have to face atleti again in a knockout draw...), but i hope they can keep us and real honest in the league.

Home of Barca Fans