Diego Simeone

F

Flavia

Sounded like he could leave. I'm not sure they can find a good replacement, and atletico could become patetico again.

Hope La Liga doesn't become a two horse race again. Though every other top league is even worse, aside from the PL which is competitive because all the teams are shit right now :lol:

Wonder where he's headed if he is indeed leaving. None of the top clubs are looking for a manager atm. Really, I'd stay if I were him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why do you think he'd be bent on signing for top club? He's not pep.
He can sign for Lazio or Inter. If he cared about "top clubs" he would have left Atlético years ago when Chelski and co. begged him and promised riches beyond what Atlético could offer.

FC B

His refusal to sub Torres who did jack the entire game, really annoyed me

Horror mistake. Might costed ATM the cup.
Sounded like he could leave. I'm not sure they can find a good replacement, and atletico could become patetico again.

They are still patetico, a force with every other team except rm. Against them they've always shown like bunch of sheep in CL.

DennyCrane

Yep. It all depends on whether he thinks he can glue the pieces back together and start over. I don't doubt his ability to do so, but yesterday's defeat must have been soul crushing.

I'll be sad if he decides to leave. I usually curse their players and Cholo when they play against Barca and go about their business of kicking our players, complain about every ref decision, ask for cards, waste time and other not very pleasant behaviour. But at the end of the day, I'm happy they're around.

And it's remarkable to see that a team that has a bad reputation for thuggish behaviour (which is greatly exaggerated btw.) and a playstyle that is not exactly aesthetically pleasing (unlike Dortmund's for example) manages to win the hearts of so many people. I don't know why that is, but in my opinion they bring an authenticity and realness to the sport which is rare. Which makes it even worse that they were defeated by the template for every plastic club in the world.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. It all depends on whether he thinks he can glue the pieces back together and start over. I don't doubt his ability to do so, but yesterday's defeat must have been soul crushing.

I'll be sad if he decides to leave. I usually curse their players and Cholo when they play against Barca and go about their business of kicking our players, complain about every ref decision, ask for cards, waste time and other not very pleasant behaviour. But at the end of the day, I'm happy they're around.

And it's remarkable to see that a team that has a bad reputation for thuggish behaviour (which is greatly exaggerated btw.) and a playstyle that is not exactly aesthetically pleasing (unlike Dortmund's for example) manages to win the hearts of so many people. I don't know why that is, but in my opinion they bring an authenticity and realness to the sport which is rare. Which makes it even worse that they were defeated by the template for every plastic club in the world.

Well summed up Denny

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Hope he stays at Atleti. Having a two horse race doesn't necessarily increase the pressure - you either win or become 2nd and shit happens. But with Atleti on the cards, it's elevating Spanish football to another level, atleast the best. And with more money for the smaller teams in LLiga, it'll just keep getting better.

I used to watch PL quite a bit but La Liga has grown on me and I'd rather watch a game between Las Palmas and Levante than Liverpool vs Everton or smth like that.

Devils

I hope he goes.

I hope he goes and builds a team elsewhere and I hope they become very successful.

I'd be happy to see Atletico go back to pathetico. They need to stay out of the CL.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Without him the Spanish football will not be the same especially with the growing popularity for EPl and a shit load of money. La liga for sure will become a 2 horse race. It is hard to keep players like Griezman if simeone leaves.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I hate their playstyle but yet I also like them. It's a weird thing. I hate their defensive set-ups,fouls,diving,wasting time. Yet I liked Atletico for a long time,when Aguero lead the line,when Torres lead the line,heck even Forlan. Simeone is a great coach but imo he lost the final. Everyone loves an underdog. Gimenez and Carrasco should have started .If they did I think ATM would have won. Imo this is one of the dumbest decisions I have ever seen. Real Madrid is shit defensively and really vulnerable. Salah could have scored at least 3 goals if he had better finishing than I do ffs. Carrasco is the perfect cryptonite for RM. He's fast and he has the dribbling skills. That's ALL you need.
I think Simeone should stay. He built a way too perfect team to just leave it. If he leaves ATM will be in the shambles. Not because Simeone is the only one that can lead them but because most of the great coaches already have a job. The only ones that could leave their job and make ATM tick are Emery and perhaps Low?
If Simeone leaves I think most of their promising or star players will leave. I think the likes of RM,Barca and EPL teams would pounce and snatch away the likes of Gimenez,Carrasco,Griezmann,Koke and perhaps even Oblak. RM,PSG,Man Utd etc would have no problem splashing 60 for Gimenez,80-100 for Griezmann. Same with Koke,plenty of teams would pay 60-80 M for him. Money isn't a problem for the big teams. If Simeone leaves I think most ATM players would want to leave for greener pastures. Pre-Simeone ATM is the Pathetico. If Simeone goes imo ATM will become a huge selling club. What would the players think? Simeone is probably like a God to them yet they lost the 2 finals and only won 1 La liga title. Anybody else,and we're back to being an inferior team is probably their way of thinking.
I should probably wish for Simeone to leave,getting Gimenez ,Koke or Carrasco would be amazing.

CuleLife4Life

So Real is the team that drives him away despite him crushing them in La Liga for 3 years? A bit dramatic.

All the top teams have managers locked up and if he goes to a team like Lazio and Inter, he'd have to start all over again rebuilding which can take years with the finances they have while Atletico have world-class or close to WC level players, more money coming in, and the ability to compete instantly.

His only vice these past 2 finals is questionable decisions like not taking Torres off, starting Costa, and tactics during the extra time when Real looked like they couldn't walk anymore. During the last final, Atletico couldn't walk and Marcelo just waltzed in to score the game killing goal. Yesterday, Modric visibility couldn't run and Atletico were time-wasting instead of trying to score the game winning goal. Those types of decisions are amateurish.

Home of Barca Fans