User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Diego Simeone

Wild Man of Borneo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simeone has been an amazing manager and I hope he doesn't leave. I hope people start giving Atletico the respect they deserve and quit with all the "Pathetico" comments. It's unfair and rude to constantly insult a smaller level team for not winning all the time even though they are climbing a huge mountain to become elite despite horrible financial restrictions in la liga.
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

I am Leg End
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFCB View Post
    Wonderful run in the Europa League last year, kinda shitty this year with the home game against Rubin when at 0-1 Courtois was trying to score .
    Supercup blaster with Chelsea.
    Miracle win in the Copa Final with city rivals.
    I have a feeling Simeone will be in 1 year coaching Inter as he said he desires.
    I feel sorry for him if he goes to Inter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless Mazzarri completely fails I don't think Simeone will be at Inter for a while, if it happens. Tired of revolving door of coaches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAndres View Post
    Simeone has been an amazing manager and I hope he doesn't leave. I hope people start giving Atletico the respect they deserve and quit with all the "Pathetico" comments. It's unfair and rude to constantly insult a smaller level team for not winning all the time even though they are climbing a huge mountain to become elite despite horrible financial restrictions in la liga.
    You know if the rights get re-distributed, team like Valencia etc will get about the same. Valencia are only a 5 mill short of Man U

It is only the really small ones that suffer, not your Atleticos and Valencias

Wild Man of Borneo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atletico and Valencia get funds from European competition revenues, but their treatment in the la liga financial pool is ridiculous.
    -Andres Iniesta

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atletico and Valencia get funds from European competition revenues, but their treatment in the la liga financial pool is ridiculous.
    Valencia and Atletico voted against a change to the model as they will get less money. They dont want a system of more equal distribution.

Wild Man of Borneo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Valencia and Atletico voted against a change to the model as they will get less money. They dont want a system of more equal distribution.
    That change takes away an unreasonable amount of money from 3rd-5th place teams as opposed to the top 2
    -Andres Iniesta

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That change takes away an unreasonable amount of money from 3rd-5th place teams as opposed to the top 2
    The point is that for Valencia and Atletico their proportion of the tv money is not poor and they dont want it changed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Valencia got nearly as much as Man utd last season.

La Liga won't get stronger if the money is more evenly distributed, just Barca and Real will get weaker.

Dr. Raed St. Claire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    Exactly. Valencia got nearly as much as Man utd last season.

La Liga won't get stronger if the money is more evenly distributed, just Barca and Real will get weaker.
    Not even. Barca and Real Madrid won't get weaker. They never do. English football is full of clubs that are in debt and have done fuck all to knock the top clubs of their perch. Not to mention, didn't do that much better in Europe. The clubs that are at the top are foreign owned with deep pockets, so I don't know how TV revenue is going to be the savior of Spanish football. Especially when it is evident, time and time again, that with little proper management clubs have went far, as with the case of Malaga, Villareal and Getafe from before them.

Real Madrid and Barcelona agreed to do collectie bargaining, which means that Real Madrid and Barcelona can help smaller clubs make more money using Real's and Barca's leverage but the % of the pie remains relatively similar. For the longest time, clubs in Spain had no sponsors this year. Which is fuckin' stupid.
    May permanent peace be brought to the Arab world. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost loved one(s). I wish and hope those who are creating religious, racial, regional, and tribal divisions among/within the Arab nations would be defeated in their quest for the destruction of the Middle East.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EPL's competitiveness is illusory, I agree.They make out like it was all careful planning when it is just foreign investment. Atletico and Valencia had no sponsor for awhile, didn't they? But was that not because they held out for more or something. I think the Azerbaijan gov pay Atleti well

Scandinavian 101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's scandalous that he's not nominated for coach of the year

#BartomeuDimiteYa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deco 20 View Post