Name: Steven Gerrard
    Born: 30/05/1980
    Club: Liverpool FC
    Nationality: England
    Position: Midfield
    Height: 183cm
    Preferred foot: Right

Attachment 543

To be honest, Gerrard's performances this year has impressed me. He has been playing some phenomenal football. One of the best midfielders in world football today. I don't know what you guys think about him, I find him fully loaded on the pitch.
    Last edited by nebeer; 25th March 2009 at 05:17 PM.

Truly Liverpool's legend...

"He will never walk alone..."
    BARCA - MES QUE UN CLUB - CAMPEON!!!
    :flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8:

Barçapocalypse NOW!
    This guy's a monster, he probably covers more ground than any other player and has a great touch... In my opinion he ranks between the top 5 players in the world...

He has been exceptional in all the games I've seen him in this season.. My United friend even says he is in top5 atm.. He is a hypocrite though.

Shabazz

If you ask me he's the best midfielder out there. He's got good passing skills, and above all, his scoring and shooting is immense, not to mention his physical presence. Him along with Xavi, and Iniesta are my top 3. If only Iniesta and Xavi could shoot .. then I wouldn't rate Gerrard higher.
    Bahrain's No.1 Culé

immaculately conceived
    His diving skills are as legendary as Ronaldo's though.

He is a good midfielder but I wouldn't rate him as the best like Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil View Post
    If you ask me he's the best midfielder out there. He's got good passing skills, and above all, his scoring and shooting is immense, not to mention his physical presence. Him along with Xavi, and Iniesta are my top 3. If only Iniesta and Xavi could shoot .. then I wouldn't rate Gerrard higher.
    Xavi is the best midfielder in the world and Not Gerrard...coz unlike Gerrard , Xavi is the engine room of both Spain and Barca..Gerrard has always been known for his splendid Liverpool career and his legendary underperformances for the 3 lions!
    "If you understand football you make substitutions during the game, if you don't you make comments after it." ~~ Stoichkov

Official Lyon representative
    I dont agree with this, Gerard is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Benzema10 View Post
    I dont agree with this, Gerard is better.
    and why so?
    "If you understand football you make substitutions during the game, if you don't you make comments after it." ~~ Stoichkov

I think Gerrard is better,too...
    BARCA - MES QUE UN CLUB - CAMPEON!!!
    :flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8:

Designated Driver
    Xavi & Iniesta are much better passers of the ball than Gerrard, and I don't think Stevie has their defense-splitting through ball capabilities.

However, his shooting & scoring ability is light years ahead of Xavi & Iniesta.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    I love our players but Gerrard is the most complete midfielder in Europe imo.
    Xavi however, did win the EC and that is something to consider.

Love is All
    I think Gerrard and Xavi are equally good. Each is better than the other in different things. Xavi is technically better and can easily dribble past players. Whereas, Gerrard is faster of the two and can run into defenses like a raging bull. Both have very good vision and those golden passes. Gerrard obviously looks more aggressive of the two. Though Xavi has his own classy way of doing things. So they have different styles but are equally effective or productive in my opinion. I think it's a tie between them.

Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by nebeer View Post
    I think Gerrard and Xavi are equally good. Each is better than the other in different things. Xavi is technically better and can easily dribble past players. Whereas, Gerrard is faster of the two and can run into defenses like a raging bull. Both have very good vision and those golden passes. Gerrard obviously looks more aggressive of the two. Though Xavi has his own classy way of doing things. So they have different styles but are equally effective or productive in my opinion. I think it's a tie between them.
    Xavi can dribble past players ? That's new to me He is more technical, that's true, but when you look at goal-scoring, physical power, and most importantly shooting Gerrard takes it all. I'm all for Xavi and he's probably the most ideal player for our system, but Gerrard seems to be the more complete player.
    Bahrain's No.1 Culé

Quote Originally Posted by Evil View Post
    Xavi can dribble past players ? That's new to me He is more technical, that's true, but when you look at goal-scoring, physical power, and most importantly shooting Gerrard takes it all. I'm all for Xavi and he's probably the most ideal player for our system, but Gerrard seems to be the more complete player.
    Gerrard can shoot well...and he s more like a Box to Box Mid..All the creativity in 'pool comes thru Alonso...He misplaces quite a few passes every game..Xavi is more of a Central Mid with Accuracy in passing..Hardly a misplaced pass and has loads of creativity...But he has a poor shot...He cannot dribble past players ...

Gerrard until he does something in an England shirt can never be the best midfielder in the world for me !He is an inspirational leader and a good midfielder for Liverpool but thats it!