Steven Gerrard

BigBarcaBoy

As a liverpool fan who saw him make his debut as a sub against blackburn i just want to say thank you and I believe you have made the right decision. Comeback as coach or manager one day.

Shame at how the last two years have gone for him. The perfect time to leave, aside from going to Chelsea in 2006, was probably after that year when he scored a hat trick against Everton. He could've made a decent squad option for another European team. For some reason though, I don't think he'll retire at the MLS.

khaled_a_d

I was never his biggest fan ,though I respect
That said ,wtf with this Liverpool team? Do they have any sort of pride? Your team Captain and club legend is playing his last game with you against freakin Stoke and have your biggest loss since ,well very long time?

Total-Football

Rickard had plans of bringing him over here .. before busquets we had trouble with the defensive midfielder .. a joy to Watch , one of my favorite players ever .. happy retirement stevie

Temptation

Arguably the most complete Footballer ever. Literally had every attribute a Footballer needs. Used and applied those attributes at the highest level.

People like Totti and Stevie G are punished for their loyalty in all time discussions.

Football fans really cry and bitch about loyalty and then penalize legends for loyalty in legacy debates. Dumb hypocrites. :lol:

Mourinho wanted and tried to sign Gerrard at Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid. Zidane asked Perez to sign him as his partner. Fergie tried to sign Gerrard. Ancelotti and Pirlo wanted Stevie G at Milan. Frank Rijkaard wanted him at Barca. None of these are rumours BTW. All publicly stated by these greats.

My Captain. ❤️

Temptation

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gotta be honest I've never really cared much for that "golden" generation of English midfielders. Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard.

They were all World Class in their prime and it was a fun era, but apart from that I'm indifferent. It's like whatever.

I know he wasn't a midfielder and this is another discussion, but for some reason it seems like Beckham is the one who has gotten underrated over the years. Probably due to all the stuff he did off the pitch. I mean at his best he was a top 5-10 player in the world.

Temptation

Gotta be honest I've never really cared much for that "golden" generation of English midfielders. Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard.

They were all World Class in their prime and it was a fun era, but apart from that I'm indifferent. It's like whatever.

I know he wasn't a midfielder and this is another discussion, but for some reason it seems like Beckham is the one who has gotten underrated over the years. Probably due to all the stuff he did off the pitch. I mean at his best he was a top 5-10 player in the world.
David Beckham is the only Footballer who's underrated because of status and celebrity lifestyle.

Normally the more you have, the more overrated you get.

With Beckham it's the opposite. So many people just dismiss him as a good looking marketing machine who can only sell shirts.

Best crosser of all time. One of the best free kick takers ever. Great work rate and passing range. In today's Football, he'd probably be an attacking RB like TAA is.

KingLeo10

Arguably the most complete Footballer ever. Literally had every attribute a Footballer needs. Used and applied those attributes at the highest level.

People like Totti and Stevie G are punished for their loyalty in all time discussions.

Football fans really cry and bitch about loyalty and then penalize legends for loyalty in legacy debates. Dumb hypocrites. :lol:
Weren’t you the :clown: who was frothing about Messi not proving himself in PL or other leagues in his prime

Poor bait btw. Stevie is on no one’s mind when they think greatest midfielders ever :lol:

He’s SlippyG

Home of Barca Fans