Steven Gerrard

alexjanosik

The Game
I dont think Gerrard can be classified as a central midfielder.He plays off the shoulder of Torres for Liverpool,similar to a Kaka position.Liverpool's central midfielder is Alonso.
Gerrard might be more complete but I wouldnt trade Xavi for anything.He is the ebst in the business.

TEKNYK

Gerrard is a solid player, period. Best in England by a long ass mile. most consistent too. can't recall him ever being in BAD form for more than one or 2 games in a row.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
They want everyone who was a certain name and fame in football.

The problem for Real is that no one really wants to go anymore. Out of the super names I mean.

nebeer

Love is All
Xavi can dribble past players ? That's new to me :lol: He is more technical, that's true, but when you look at goal-scoring, physical power, and most importantly shooting Gerrard takes it all. I'm all for Xavi and he's probably the most ideal player for our system, but Gerrard seems to be the more complete player.

lol, I actually wanted to mean that he has the ability to hold on to the ball in very tight situations and is hard to take the ball from.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just made an agreement to prolong his contract up until 2013. I think this puts an end to Real Madrid rumors.

maz

I walk the line
Smart move by him, especially considering that the court case hasnt finished yet.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Though Gerrard was carrying an injury during the game, but Essien is a monster anyway!

Xavi is world class and why the need to compare? they are totally 2 different players imo.

Home of Barca Fans