Steven Gerrard

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I feel about sad for him, he was a proper worldclass midfielder for a long time, he was pretty good even last year. These days people will remember him for the slip and the red card. His own fault for the red card at least, a slip can happen to anyone. He is one of the best midfielders England have had in a long time(along with Lampard and Scholes), to bad is legacy is ruined.

His legacy isn't ruined. People will remember him for games like Istanbul 2005. Not this game.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah he messed up, and it was disappointing, someone with his experience should know better. But the stuff I see even some Liverpool fans saying about him after the match is shocking, pretty ungrateful for all he has done and his loyalty to the club.

The slip/stamp is like Baggio missing the pen in 94. Would you choose to remember him for his highs or lows? All up to personal perception, but personally Gerard's 8 years of great football, punctuated by Istanbul and the FA cup in 06, will win out.

We will always remember the slip though. Almost but not quite, a brilliant player that never really found the technical nous to thrive later in his career. That moment encapsulates the last 4-5 years of him in the EPL, as much as Istanbul did his prime years.

That being said, it was so disappointing to see him bow out of his last game against United in that manner. He should've known a lot better, having played in dozens of highly physical games against them.

QuickyLFC

His legacy isn't ruined. People will remember him for games like Istanbul 2005. Not this game.

To us Liverpool fans, his legacy is still very much there and always will be, it does seem like it's washed away for others though :/

Best ever Liverpool player, 100%.

Kerrybai

To us Liverpool fans, his legacy is still very much there and always will be, it does seem like it's washed away for others though :/

Best ever Liverpool player, 100%.

When I think of his legacy I can't help but think of that slip, it was just so comical after the week before he said don't let this slip. He never reached the heights of Lampard or Scholes either. For a long time they were Englands best 3 in midfield and in the end Gerrard is the worst of the 3... and not to mention best ever Liverpool player, even you don't believe that. Daglish, Keegan etc etc.

EdmondDantes

It's harsh to say it but I think Liverpool lost the match because of him today. Invisible from start to finish. Disrupted the balance of the team completely. It really is sad seeing a player who reached great heights playing like this. But there is no stopping time...

EdmondDantes

Liverpool winning the league with Rodgers in charge of transfers? No chance. He's lucky the committee forced him to bring in Coutinho and Sturridge. Gerrard will not have that regret.

Morten

Might be guard of honor for him and Pool pretty soon. Not the best of endings for him, as if it wasnt enough already.

Home of Barca Fans