Thierry Henry vs Samuel Eto'o

Henry vs Eto'o

• Total voters

oz187

Eto'o was the better player. He was brilliant for both club and country. He scored in the big games. His work rate defensively was immense. He was always underrated because people would say that anyone would score like he did with the likes of Ronaldinho, Messi and Xavi supporting him. But since then no one has stepped up, even David Villa has been profligate in front of goal. You can see now how difficult his job was and valuable he truly was. Henry also benefits from the same Premier League goggles that made many a person outraged that Cesc was benched for Spain in Lieu of Xavi and Iniesta.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Henry took Arsenal to the final by himself whereas we had a great team back then and even that goal was some brilliance from Lass its difficult to judge the 2 based on 1 match and i'd say Henry was the better player while Samuel had the better career trophy wise.
Both won same number of trophies at club level... Henry won WC and EC at international level. Samu 2 CANs. So both had similar success trophy wise, Henry slightly edging Eto'o because WC is > all

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Eto'o was the better player. He was brilliant for both club and country. He scored in the big games. His work rate defensively was immense. He was always underrated because people would say that anyone would score like he did with the likes of Ronaldinho, Messi and Xavi supporting him. But since then no one has stepped up, even David Villa has been profligate in front of goal. You can see now how difficult his job was and valuable he truly was. Henry also benefits from the same Premier League goggles that made many a person outraged that Cesc was benched for Spain in Lieu of Xavi and Iniesta.
Villa couldn't step into Henry's boots... He was not purchased to replace Eto'o, and he rarely played in his position! It's Henry he was supposed to replace!!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I don't udnerstand... People say Henry better than Eto'o over the course of their career, but then vote for Eto'o :facepalm:

yeah, I'm looking at you Anidubey... and Galning!!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
for us? Eto'o by miles.

in general? Henry by a hair.

Pretty much agree with this.

Thiery Henry was the better footballer, his technique was superior to Eto'o, so if you put the two in a street football game I'd pick Henry. However when it comes to actually professional football I'd go with Samu. His finishing is a bit exaggerated because he did miss a ton of chances but he also did not need much of an angle or balance or of the ball to score, not to mention, his did score in a ton of matches so his distribution was impeccable. His only fault is perhaps for his national country, this is where I thought he lacked some what but to win the CL with Inter right after he won it with Barcelona? That was just MAGNIFICENT!

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Villa couldn't step into Henry's boots... He was not purchased to replace Eto'o, and he rarely played in his position! It's Henry he was supposed to replace!!

Do you not remember how completely shit Henry was in his first season at Barca?

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé

and his last season

my challenge still stands BTW ... if you think Thierry Henry was capable of scoring the two goals that Samuel scored for us in the 2006 and 2009 Finals you have not been paying attention. based on that premise alone, Samuel is the better player.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Both won same number of trophies at club level... Henry won WC and EC at international level. Samu 2 CANs. So both had similar success trophy wise, Henry slightly edging Eto'o because WC is > all
Henry won the world cup with a then great French side but Eto'o plays for Cameroon where qualifying in itself is a dream,it will unfair to compare them country wise.

Doobs

The Messiah
I don't udnerstand... People say Henry better than Eto'o over the course of their career, but then vote for Eto'o :facepalm:

yeah, I'm looking at you Anidubey... and Galning!!

I didn't read your first post on the thread..my bad. I thought it was for our club.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
the point was not to downplay Villa... It was to explain the other guy, who said Villa couldn't replace Eto'o, that it's Henry Villa's supposed to replace and not Eto'o.

Anyway henry was fine playing for a mediocre team in his first season. Can't complain much about that

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
and his last season

my challenge still stands BTW ... if you think Thierry Henry was capable of scoring the two goals that Samuel scored for us in the 2006 and 2009 Finals you have not been paying attention. based on that premise alone, Samuel is the better player.

Eto'o's goal, past VDS, was pure magic. But so was Cisse's goal the other night against Chelsea. I'm pretty sure Henry can't score that kinda goal either!!

Pedro can't do the magic that Jeffren can... Who's the better player again?

perica

Henry had excellent carear...he was one of the best footballer of the past decade!!eto was nowhere near that

Home of Barca Fans