Thierry Henry vs Samuel Eto'o

Henry vs Eto'o

• Total voters

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Emile Heskey was better than them both. Power, Pace, strength. Good old Ivanhoe had it all. P.s. Don't tell Estel this, but his beard sucks :p
I know, I know... That's why I got rid of it all.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Any Barca fan who votes Henry should be hung, drawn, quartered, and have his guts shipped back to England where they belong.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Thierry and Samuel both had:

pace
lethal finish skills
intelligence
good passing abililty
a knack for scoring key goals

Samuel had two killer goals in the 2006 and 2009 CL Finals respectively
Henry scored so many big goals vs Manchester United, Chelsea, and Liverpool ... as well as vs Real Madrid

both ended their Barca careers under dubious circumstances (Samuel's fall from grace started in the 2008 season when he aired everyone's dirty laundry and ended in 2009 with Pep's "feeling", and Thierry straight up refused to play vs Arsenal in 2010)

for me it comes down to this: Samuel's two biggest goals (and really as far as the club is concerned, with the exception of Iniesta's goal, are the two biggest goals outside of 1992)

vs Arsenal in 06

vs ManUtd in 09

the only way I can rationally come to a decision is to replace Samuel with Thierry and ask: "Is Thierry able to score those goals"?

I think he could have gotten in to position to score the first but does he finish? look at where Samuel places the shot. As for the 2nd? I think no one is capable of doing what Samuel did there. He left Vidic chasing a ghost and off-balance/toe-poked it past Van Der Sar before Carrick could get there. and he did that from the attacking right side of the pitch.

I'd say Samuel is better. he scored 2 goals that will live long in the club's history for it's importance and impact. but more importantly, considering the stakes, the pressure, the competition, and power/placement of his shot, I'd say he is a better striker than Thierry.

also ... because of this

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Eto'o. Henry lost my respect as a professional when his girlie emotions got in the way of performing against Arsenal in Champions. I'll never forgive him for that. Pansie.

Eto'o is cold as a killer.

jamrock

all one needs to do is look at eto'o record in finals for club and country and thats the debate right their.

Henry was a great player to watch at his peak, but eto'o was a straight up killer

Doobs

The Messiah
Eto'o. We never had Henry at his prime, Eto'o we did.

But IMHO, Henry in his pomp > Eto'o in his pomp.

F

Frejsgodes

Eto'o. We never had Henry at his prime, Eto'o we did.

But IMHO, Henry in his pomp > Eto'o in his pomp.

applause.gif

Still love Eto'o though.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Its hard but I'll go with Samu, he gave us the equalizer in 2006. Eto'o's peak was at Barca while Henry's was in Arsenal.
Henry took Arsenal to the final by himself whereas we had a great team back then and even that goal was some brilliance from Lass its difficult to judge the 2 based on 1 match and i'd say Henry was the better player while Samuel had the better career trophy wise.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans