La Liga - the best league in the world

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Another recognition for La Liga. It has been chosen the best league in the world by IFFHS.
(Someone should tell to all those American and Asian football news sites as they seem to know only about EPL.)

So Uefa coefficients (this season La Liga way above EPL) are now backed by IFFHS.

:)

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Wait, I checked their website and it is not the same anymore. Wasn't this the same organization that had really strange ranking systems for players, clubs and internationals?

I could have sworn it was, their ranking systems were absurd to the highest order.

According to IFFHS Wenger is the second best coach in the world in the period 1996-2010

I mean he was good, but eh? MOAR absurd statistics please.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, you can pull one or few out of many of their choices and call them bad but you don't just say it's a rubbish organization.
Or you can, but please throw some info so we can have a discussion at least.

B

barcelonista

IFFHS is a dubious organisation, to say the least. According to German sports historian Karl Lennartz (renowned scientist, decorated with the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany) it's a one man organisation. The German Press Agency (dpa) is not even bothering to report about their publications. The IFFHS has no renowned journalist or any other experts in their ranks from leading football nations such as England, Italy, Brazil, Argentina or Germany. Who and how they do their ratings isn't transparent at all. It's like someone on this forum created his own awards.

Pepe Silvia

Wait, I checked their website and it is not the same anymore. Wasn't this the same organization that had really strange ranking systems for players, clubs and internationals?

I could have sworn it was, their ranking systems were absurd to the highest order.

I mean he was good, but eh? MOAR absurd statistics please.
Might have been this one. Funky ratings.
http://www.castrolfootball.com/

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
They use statistics, but that's not nearly enough to compare teams from different continents. It's just not accurate.

Manuel Traquete

You shouldn't really give this any publicity. The IFFHS is a non-existent organization, they're not even officially recognized by their country.

It's a one man show run by a shady man, Alfredo Poge, which for some reason FIFA/some want to shove down people's throats. Many reputed sports publications refuse to publish any IFFHS-related stuff, I don't think any German outlets do.

Their credibility is 0.

Last edited:

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
The IFFHS is one single weird guy doing mad statistics that are partially semi-silly and partially totally hilarious.

Home of Barca Fans